argh! i had decided on the nx80v, but then got enticed by the th55 programs, pda durability(?) & battery life. Where I live, the stores will NOT let customers play with the machines (the stores will not even turn ON the machine so I can't even take a look at screen brightness) , so I am totally relying on the internet for info.
Here's my comparison from reading web reviews.
TH55: Good programs (Clie Organizer, Clie Files) +
Reviews all note that battery life is good +
More memory (30.4 Mb available to user) +
Already has WiFi built in +
Seems more rugged (there's a cover for Mem Stick)+
But screen is dim -
No headphone MP3 remote, no sync cradle, no keyboard -
NX80V: Programs (couldn't find whether PIM supports drag-and-drop, tabbed launcher) ?
Stingy memory (16 MB available to user) [but have no idea if this is enuf]
Faster processor +
Brighter, crisper screen +
Battery life ?
Much better camera (1.3 MP) +
CF slot available +
Screen is spongy (not a hard writing surface) -
Nice remote control for MP3 listening +
Kinda heavy (reviews not so good for keyboard) -
So, I need help with the question marks for NX80V (Somehow I couldn't find as much info on its programs etc as I could find on the TH55)
- Can the NX80V launcher be set to "tabbed" instead of the "casino slot machine" thing that I see on webpages with NX80V turned on?
- Does the PIM support drag-and-drop between different programs?
- Does it have the sticky notes (Freenotes) where you can write in your own handwriting and hyperlink the note to your address book or date book?
- Does the NX80V also let you double click on an appointment in the text of an e-mail to automatically enter that into your date book?
If NX80V doesn't do the above, then can I get programs to supplement PIM functionality?
2. Battery life
- Can I expect a big battery difference between the two machines?
(The official Sony literature has the TH55 battery span as 15 days and the NX80V battery span as 14 days! Exaggerated? maybe, but how do the 2 machines really stack up against each other on battery life?)
- Is the NX80V pretty rugged? Should I be concerned that the Memory Stick slot doesn't have a lid (ie, we have monsoon season so maybe a lot of humidity can invade the machine thru the ms slot--am i being paranoid)? Can I take it hiking with me to photograph wild flowers (sturdy)?
- How many years/months does the NX80V last before the machine starts to have wear out & die ?
I guess overall, my question is, Can the NX80V be made to do everything that the TH55 can do (for programs--by purchasing programs etc; for batterylife--by turning down brightness etc)?
-unrelated question on "digital ink": are there any programs that allow you to take handwritten notes on your PDA (say, during a meeting) and then later having them "interpreted" or converted to type-written text? ( Or is this what Decuma is for? )
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5