BravestDog
(junior member)
11/29/07 08:37 PM
Need Help with selection of smartphone. Currently have Sprint service.

Hello

This whole research project on smartphones is exhausting. Does anyone know the best sites to check this stuff out in summary style?

I'm interested in buying a device that does the minimum of these 4 things. All other functions would be optional, not mandatory.

1. Telephone
2. Web browser, (typing simple emails, web surfing...)
3. Camera
4. maybe hook up the web browser to a laptop so I can see a full screen if and when I get a laptop.

Being able to watch TV, storing some videos, pictures and music to share with friends would be nice but not required.

I currently have a service with Sprint, at $40/month and I get 350 anytime anywhere minutes, 2500 night and weekend ie 8pm-7am. Sprint is offering me a discount on phones if I renew with a 2 year plan. I don't like the idea of 2 year contracts but if that is required then I guess I have to do it. If I buy a used phone, I don't have to take a 2 year contract. Here is the link to sprint and their phones prices http://nextelonline.nextel.com/NASApp/onlinestore/en/Action/SubmitRegionAction

What would you folks recommend that I buy and how should I acquire it? I am comfortable with Craigslist, Amazon and ebay.

Should I stay with Sprint or transfer?

Any suggestions on a smartphone or service?

Thankyou

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage