Skippman
(junior member)
05/20/09 05:16 PM
Need replacement phone on AT&T that can sync contacts

I'm in a state of transition between my current phone (HTC Hermes/Cingular 8525) and a new phone on the AT&T wireless network.

While I love my Hermes it does have it's flaws. The scroll wheel has never worked properlly since I bought it (used). The screen is now scratched up. There's no volume button (as the click wheel doesn't work). Its difficult to dail using the touch screen. And the Bluetooth will not handshake to my cars hands free kit (Jeep MyGIG Uconnect).

I've never used the phones data features and never really installed any Windows Mobile applications and really only have a SmartPhone in order to sync my contact list, calander appointments, and notes to my Laptops Outlook via the USB cable.

So I'm looking to replace it. I'd be willing to not use a SmartPhone provided I can still keep syncing my contacts and calander with Outlook on my laptop. I have no need for a data plan and don't want my e-mail on the go. Don't need GPS either.

My current runners up are:

HTC Fuze
Samsung Impression
Pantex Matrix Pro
LG Incite

HTC Fuze
Pros:
Windows Mobile, Full size QWERTY keyboard, VGA display, USB, Active Sync

Cons:
Clunky, No touch screen feedback, Shows fingerprints like crazy

Samsung Impression
Pros:
Excellent Screen, Touch Screen Feedback, Full size Keyboard, Thin

Cons:
Cannot sync to Outlook, no USB interface

PanTech Matrix
Pros:
Slide out keyboard and slide out dialer, Windows Mobile, Active Sync, USB

Cons:
Prone to breaking, seems clunky, non-touchscreen, tiny display

LG Incite
Pros:
Windows Mobile, Touchscreen, Active Sync, USB

Cons:
No keyboard, no touchscreen feedback

So which would you guys choose? What am I overlooking? Any experiences with the UConnect system? CAN the Impression sync to Outlook?

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage