A little over a year after launching its innovative Push To Talk (PTT) service, Cingular Wireless today gives customers the option of experiencing the service on a pay-per-use basis.
Customers using one of several wireless phones can now use the company's PTT service, as needed, for $.15 per minute. In addition to having access to the largest PTT network coverage area, a customer can receive several enhanced PTT features unavailable on similar services offered by some other carriers including:
- Availability- unique icons allow PTT users to see if other PTT customers are available before making a PTT call.
- Convert to Cellular - enables a PTT call to be converted to a regular wireless voice call. Calls with up to 30 participants can be converted effectively creating a mobile conference call.
- Voice Messaging - allows customers to send a voice message to one person or a whole group.
"Business and consumer customers across the country have been enjoying the enhanced features of our Push To Talk service for more than a year," said Carlton Hill, executive director of voice products for the wireless division of AT&T. "This offer gives others the ability to easily enjoy interacting with friends, family or business acquaintances using the service."
Since launching service, Cingular, now part of the new AT&T, has sold more than two million PTT capable phones, including the Blackberry Pearl, LG models CG300 CU400 and F7200, Motorola V365, Samsung models D347, D357 and D407 or Sony- Ericsson Z525a can immediately begin accessing the company's PTT service. Additional devices will be available throughout the year.
Customers who want to activate a PTT phone with the pay-per-use capability can do so by visiting a Cingular retail store or calling customer care.
PTT pay-per-use is charged per minute and begins when the PTT button on the phone is pressed to initiate the session to when the end key is pressed. If the end key is not pressed to end the call, it will automatically time-out after 30 seconds. Minutes round up to the nearest whole minute.
PTT also offers a number of other features, including:
- Quick Group Calling - allows users to select individuals from their contacts and instantly place a group call.
- Call Waiting - gives customers the option to accept or decline a second incoming call whether currently on a PTT or regular cellular call.
- Contact Alerts - lets customers receive alerts when a contact becomes available.
- Call Me Alerts - allows a user to urgently let someone know they need to talk. A user receiving a "Call Me Alert" can instantly place a PTT call back by pressing the dedicated PTT key.
The service also uses a single phone number for both cellular and PTT service, eliminating the need to remember two numbers.
Customers of AT&T's wireless unit who are interested in signing up for an unlimited monthly PTT plan can add service for $9.99 a month per line. Those on Family Plans can select a $19.99 feature that gives up to five family members on the account unlimited access to the service. Businesses can add a PTT service option to each line of service for $9.99 per month.
For more information on wireless services, including Push to Talk, customers can call 1-866-CINGULAR (1-866-246-4852), stop at any Cingular store or authorized dealer, speak with a business sales representative, or visit online at http://www.cingular.com/.
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Palm Treo 750 on Cingular
Verizon enV - LG VX9900
Palm Treo 680
Cingular 8525 / HTC TyTN Pocket PC Phonel
LG CU500 3G Phone
Samsung A900M on Sprint
Nokia E62 Full QWERTY Keyboard Smartphone on Cingular
Palm Treo 700wx
Nokia N73 Smartphone
Nokia N80 Smartphone with 2 Megapixel Camera
Sony Ericsson W810i
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5