Students and teachers can take advantage of discounted pricing on HP's latest consumer products through an exclusive promotion unveiled by the company today. Here are the details:
"Savings of up to 15 percent are available to all eligible students and teachers purchasing HP's consumer products ? which feature the performance, value and innovation needed to succeed inside and outside the classroom ? when they register at www.hpshopping.com/student for the HP Home & Home Office Store's Academic Purchase Program.
Notebook PCs that deliver high-style and performance
For PC shoppers, HP has a selection of consumer notebooks that offer added style and a range of valued features. New this year, the HP Pavilion notebook line includes the latest HP Imprint patterns and the option to include an integrated fingerprint reader for extra security and an integrated webcam optimized for low-light settings:
* Combining style and portability, the HP Pavilion tx1000 Entertainment Notebook PC features a high-gloss patterned finish, weighs less than four pounds and offers a 12-inch diagonal, touchscreen-optional display that twists into slate mode to make it easy to jot down notes or show a presentation. Starting at $1,099, the notebook also packs digital entertainment features such as karaoke and the ability to watch recorded TV in addition to movies, music and photos.
Read our review of the tx1000 here.
* The HP Pavilion dv2500 Entertainment Notebook PC is designed for students who want high-performance computing and digital entertainment. With a 14.1-inch diagonal widescreen BrightView display, the dv2500 provides users with quick access to movies, music, photos, games and more. It also features an eye-catching design with ?Radiance,? an HP Imprint pattern with subtle lines radiating across the surface of the notebook that hint at the interconnectedness of work and play. Starting at $1,099, the dv2500 includes Intel Core 2 Duo processors, up to 2 gigabytes (GB) of memory and a 160 GB hard drive.
* The HP Pavilion dv6500 Entertainment Notebook PC is built for work and play, featuring a 15.4-inch diagonal BrightView widescreen display, Intel Core 2 Duo processors, optional NVIDIA GeForce 8400M discrete graphics solutions and up to 2 GB of memory for high-performance computing. In addition to the Radiance imprint, the series is now available with Influx, a special edition white and silver finish that ships with a coordinating travel mouse and headset. Starting at $1,049 before instant savings, the dv6500 also includes the option to add an HD DVD drive for enjoyment of high-definition video.
Top picks for ?smart? printers
HP is putting the ?smart? in Photosmart with a range of products that provide quality, functionality and affordability for back-to-school shoppers:
* With an ultra-compact design and student-friendly price, the HP Deskjet D2460 Printer is ideal for a dorm room, home or small office. Priced at only $49, this printer includes HP Smart Web Printing to help ensure web pages print properly without cut-off edges and a one-touch print-cancel button to save on wasted paper and ink.
* For the multi-tasker, the HP Photosmart C5280 All-in-One Printer makes printing, scanning and copying school projects a snap. Priced at $149, this all-in-one device produces laser-quality document printing plus lab-quality photos, and it offers HP Smart Web Printing for usable web page prints and an automated paper tray for printing photos easily without swapping out paper. Additionally, using the direct CD/DVD printing capability, students can personalize their CDs and DVDs with personal photos and text.
* Helping students capture and share their school memories, the HP Photosmart A442 Camera and Printer Dock is a complete photo system, featuring both a compact photo printer and the 5-megapixel HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera. With its compact, lightweight design and integrated handle, this bundle, priced at $179, travels almost anywhere, including field trips, school dances or the local coffee shop.
Desktop PCs for the dorm room
The latest HP Pavilion Slimline, Pavilion and Media Center series desktop PCs are available with more memory and larger hard drives to help users get creative with photo projects, finish homework, watch TV, organize thousands of songs and communicate with family and friends.
These systems have the latest eye-catching design with sleek lines and a glossy black finish, and they pair well with any of HP?s LCD displays for high-quality viewing, including the new HP w17e, 17-inch diagonal Widescreen LCD Flat Panel Monitor.
A perfect size for a college dorm room, the HP Pavilion s3100 series Slimline PC has all the power and functionality of a full-featured desktop in a space-saving design that?s one-third the size of a traditional PC.
The device combines powerful graphics and optional dual-core processors and is available with an optional built-in TV tuner and personal video recorder to make it easy to watch, pause, rewind and record live television via a remote control with no monthly fee.
Estimated prices for HP Pavilion s3100 series Slimline PCs start at $399, HP Pavilion a6100n series Desktop PCs start at $299 and HP Pavilion Media Center PCs start at $799.
Stylish monitors and accessories
Taking customization further, HP?s monitors can now be styled with photos, notes, headphones or even a flower with HP Easy Clip accessories that attach to the edge of the monitor?s screen. HP Easy Clip accessories provide a fun way to decorate, personalize and conveniently store desk items to free up extra desk space.
HP also offers custom-cut HP Skins that provide added style to a PC and will look great in any dorm or classroom. HP Skins are available in a variety of different designs, amazing colors and patterns, famous brands and college logos. HP customers who purchase an HP Skin for their notebook or desktop will receive a matching skin for their mobile phone, iPod or MP3 music player. View available skins at http://hp.skinit.com/btsnb.
Go digital on a budget
With the HP Photosmart E337 Digital Camera, purchasing a digital camera doesn?t have to break the bank. For only $79, this thin, lightweight, easy-to-use camera includes industry-leading red-eye removal, a 1.5-inch image display and 5x digital zoom. Consumers can also capture VGA-quality video with the touch of a button or connect the camera to a PC and order prints online via www.snapfish.com."
Read our notebook reviews:
Read our Tablet PC reviews:
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5