Apple today introduced the new iPod nano, adding a video camera, mic and speaker to the world's most popular music player. Music lovers can now shoot video wherever they are, view it on their iPod nano and use their computers to easily transfer their videos to YouTube. The new iPod nano features an ultra-thin and sleek design with a larger 2.2-inch color display and polished aluminum and glass enclosure. iPod nano also features a built-in FM radio with live pause and iTunes Tagging, as well as a built-in pedometer. The new iPod nano is available today in an 8GB model for $149 and a 16GB model for $179, and comes in nine brilliant colors including silver, black, purple, blue, green, orange, yellow, (PRODUCT) RED and pink.
About the camera on the iPod nano:
* H.264 VGA video, 640 by 480 pixels, up to 30 frames per second with AAC audio
* 15 real-time special effects: Sepia, Black and White, X-Ray, Film Grain, Thermal, Security Cam, Cyborg, Bulge, Kaleido, Motion Blur, Mirror, Light Tunnel, Dent, Stretch, and Twirl
* 2.2-inch (diagonal) TFT display
* 240-by-376-pixel resolution at 204 pixels per inch
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Playback time
* Music playback time: Up to 24 hours when fully charged
* Video playback time: Up to 5 hours when fully charged
* 8GB or 16GB flash drive
* Holds up to 2,000 or 4,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format
* Holds up to 7,000 or 14,000 iPod-viewable photos
* Holds up to 8 hours or 16 hours of video
* Stores data via USB flash drive
Pricing & Availability
The new iPod nano is available immediately for a suggested price of $149 (US) for the 8GB model and $179 (US) for the 16GB model in silver, black, purple, blue, green, orange and pink through the Apple Store (www.apple.com), Apple?s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers. The 8GB and 16GB iPod nano in yellow and (PRODUCT) RED are available through the Apple Store (www.apple.com) and Apple?s retail stores.
Read our iPod and iPhone product reviews:
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5