Lenovo today announced the Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience - a certification only available on Lenovo products that consists of powerful features, tools and optimizations designed to improve system performance and enhance the computing experience for customers running Windows 7 on Lenovo PCs.
Among the key benefits of the Lenovo Enhanced Experience certification is advanced performance tuning, which enables both Think and Idea PCs to start-up significantly faster than identical configuration, non-optimized PCs. For example, on select Think PCs, Windows 7 starts up to 56 percent faster compared to running Windows XP or Vista, and shuts down in as little as five seconds. Enhanced Experience PCs also include multimedia enhancements and easy system maintenance tools on Idea PCs, and performance-optimized ThinkVantage Technologies for advanced productivity and security on Think PCs.
Faster Windows 7 PC Boot and Shutdown
Enhanced Experience Idea PCs have optimized system files, processes and hardware settings and achieve quicker boot and shutdown compared with non-optimized Idea PCs. With Enhanced Experience, Lenovo customers will be able to start Windows 7 Idea PCs up to 33 percent faster and shutdown 50 percent faster than identical configuration, non-optimized PCs even while still initializing PC features such as anti-virus software.
Rich Entertainment & Graphics Features
Lenovo's Idea products with Windows 7 Enhanced Experience feature breakthrough visual and audio technologies, including high definition graphics, DirectX 10 and enhanced digital audio.
* Crystal Clear, Stutter-Free HD Video: Enhanced Experience Idea PCs include a high-definition graphics hardware decoder that removes much of the burden of HD decoding from the CPU, and outputs stutter-free HD video up to 1080p.
* 3D Gaming and Animation: For Lenovo's gaming customers, all Enhanced Experience Idea PCs feature DirectX 10 for advanced gaming and super-smooth 3D transitions when using Windows 7 advanced graphics features such as Aero Peek and Aero Flip.
Easier to Use and Maintain
OneKey Rescue System 7.0 and Lenovo Rescue System 3.0 can backup and recover data two times faster than previous versions and feature improved anti-virus and system repair functions for added peace-of-mind. In addition, users can perform an anti-virus scan at the press of a button on their Enhanced Experience Idea PCs ? even before Windows loads ? to repair critical system files and quickly backup or restore personal data.
Lenovo Delivers Faster, More Secure Windows 7 Experience for Business Customers
Lenovo developed its Think-branded solution for business customers around three core areas: fast performance, business-optimized features and safeguarding data. Think-branded PCs, including ThinkPad notebooks, ThinkCentre desktops and ThinkStation workstations, will provide these enhanced benefits when running with Windows 7.
Faster PC Processing
* Blazing Performance Windows 7 starts up to 56 percent faster than Think PCs running Windows XP or Vista, and shuts down in as little as five seconds. Combined with a range of powerful Intel Core 2 and Centrino 2 processors with vPro, Enhanced Experience certified Think PCs provide users reliable access to information and support multiple programs at once for easy multitasking.
Built for Business
* Reach Out and Touch Technology Multitouch screens on the ThinkPad X200 Tablet and T400s notebook come equipped with Lenovo?s unique ThinkVantage Technology tool, SimpleTap, which makes touch screen navigation easy and intuitive for customers.
* Ultimate Conferencing Mobile professionals can keep their hands-free ? ThinkPad notebooks feature a two-megapixel light-adaptive camera, digital array microphone with noise and echo cancellation, and dedicated microphone and speaker mute keys for seamless, high-quality video and voice communications.
* Work from Anywhere Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience Think PCs support multiple ways for mobile professionals to easily and quickly connect to the Web for anytime, anywhere access to information. Select models support Ethernet, 11n WiFi, 3G Mobile Broadband, 4G WiMax and Bluetooth. In addition, all Think PCs come equipped with Access Connections, a ThinkVantage Technology that can automatically switch users between wired and wireless connections. Access Connections also includes integrated profiles with location-based settings for printers, browser favorites and Web security.
Innovative, Layered Data Security
* Swipe for Secure AccessThe built-in fingerprint reader on many Think PCs provides users a quick and convenient log-in and helps IT administrators drive security compliance across an organization.
* Manage Hardware Passwords IT administrators can use the Password Manager ThinkVantage Technology to remotely manage employee hard drive passwords, including self-encrypting drives, to increase company data security and reduce employee password reset costs.
* Rescue and Recover Data with One Button Lenovo?s Rescue and Recovery tool provides users one-button access to restore and rescue lost files, and protect system information from becoming corrupt.
Customers will be able to identify Lenovo products that extend the benefits of Windows 7 through a special Lenovo Enhanced Experience certification sticker affixed to the products. To find out more about Windows 7 Lenovo Enhanced Experience for business and consumers, please visit www.lenovo.com/win7ee
Read our latest notebook reviews:
Sony VAIO W
Lenovo IdeaPad S10-2
Toshiba mini NB205
Lenovo ThinkPad X200 Tablet
Toshiba Portege M750 Tablet PC
HP tx2z TouchSmart Tablet PC
HP Mini 2140
Lenovo IdeaPad Y650
Gateway P-7808u FX Gaming Notebook
Sony VAIO P with SSD
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5