Nokia has released a new messaging for IM beta client for the Nokia N97 and Nokia N97 mini with a support for the touch screen. More info:
Nokia Messaging makes it easy to mobilize consumer email, IM and social networking across a range of Nokia devices. Nokia Messaging for IM offers a desktop-like IM experience on your Nokia device. You can stay in contact with your friends across multiple communities at the same time, easily switch between them and customize your status by community.
* Chat with your friends on the Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo!? Messenger, Google Talk and Ovi communities.
* (new!) Easily change your custom status, avatar (picture) and switch between conversations and communities with just a few taps on touch-based devices.
* (new!) Preview new messages in the Chat home screen widget. When signed in to multiple communities, the widget will cycle between them. You can also change your presence within the widget itself.
* Quickly navigate through multiple conversations across different communities
* Login as ?invisible? ? you see everyone but they see you as ?offline?
* You?ll be notified of new messages even when Chat is in the background, for true multitasking on your phone
* Familiar and integrated community experience: Microsoft, Yahoo!, Google and Ovi-specific emoticons, graphics, and sounds.
* Rapidly set your status message and your availability
* See your friends' avatars and set your own using the camera or an image from your gallery (for Windows Live Messenger (new!), Gtalk (new!) and Ovi communities).
* Save conversations to remember your chat sessions
* Create a free Ovi account right from the device
* (new!) Timestamps within the conversation view
Compatibility and system requirements
Supported IM communities currently include Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, and Ovi accounts.
The new touch-based beta client is available for the Nokia N97 and Nokia N97 mini.
Commercial (non-Beta) versions of the Chat client are also available via the Ovi store, via software update and are pre-installed on several S40 devices.
The Nokia E72, Nokia E75 and Nokia E55 include the full Nokia Messaging service and you can install the Chat client by following the ?Set-up Chat? link on the home screen.
You can download the client from the Ovi Store for the Nokia E71, Nokia E63, Nokia 5630 Xpress Music, Nokia 5730 Xpress Music, Nokia 6730 Classic, Nokia 6720 Classic, Nokia 6760 Slide, Nokia 6790 Slide/Surge and Nokia N86 8MP.
Within the Ovi Store, search on the term ?Nokia Messaging? to see all available clients for your device.
The Nokia Messaging for IM client is also pre-installed on S40-based devices such as the Nokia 6700 Classic, Nokia 6303 Classic, Nokia 6303i Classic, Nokia 6600i Slide, Nokia 7020, Nokia 7320, Nokia 5330 Mobile TV, Nokia 3710 Fold, Nokia 2730 Classic, Nokia 2170 Classic, Nokia 2690, and Nokia X3. Note that a pre-installed application may not be available in all regions.
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
LG Fathom for Verizon
Palm Pre Plus on AT&T
Microsoft KIN One and KIN Two
HTC Incredible on Verizon
HTC HD2 for T-Mobile
Nokia Nuron on T-Mobile
Motorola CLIQ XT
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5