Location Labs today launched two Android apps for T-Mobile customers, DriveSmart Plus and T-Mobile FamilyWhere. DriveSmart Plus is the industry's first carrier-grade service to help prevent texting while driving. FamilyWhere is a service that allows parents to access location information for their child or other family members from a computer or their own mobile phone. Both apps provide safely driving features and service for teenage drivers. Here is more info:
When enabled, DriveSmart allows drivers to focus on the road without being distracted by their mobile phone. Two versions of the DriveSmart application are available: DriveSmart Basic and DriveSmart Plus.
DriveSmart Basic ? DriveSmart Basic comes pre-installed on select T-Mobile Android devices. With this free Basic version, the driver manually initiates driving mode, after which incoming text and call notifications are silenced, customizable text responses are sent to incoming texts and callers and incoming calls are sent to voicemail. If Bluetooth mode is enabled, calls will be routed normally through a Bluetooth headset.
DriveSmart Plus ? DriveSmart Plus automatically detects when a user may be driving and sets the phone into ?Driving Mode?, sending incoming calls directly to voicemail and limiting access to the phone. Just like in the Basic version, an auto-response text message is sent to the person who phoned or texted alerting them the recipient is driving and unavailable to receive calls or messages. In the event of an emergency or if the user is a passenger in a car, DriveSmart Plus allows the user to override ?Driving Mode?. Using the web interface, Parents can set phone access permissions and can choose to be notified by text message or e-mail when an override occurs and can view phone usage during the override.
the T-Mobile FamilyWhere service can locate nearly any type of phone using the T-Mobile network, providing peace of mind to parents trying to keep up with their kids regardless of what phone they're using. Parents can also set up scheduled alerts, for example, to provide and update when their child arrives at school or an elderly parent arrives home safely after an appointment. The service is able to locate other phones within a T-Mobile family plan and location information is accessible through a customer's password protected account at http://www.my.t-mobile.com
T-Mobile FamilyWhere, powered by Location Labs:
* Provides parents with a Web and mobile safety net that provides real-time location information and the option to receive location alerts via the Web, text message or e-mail.
* The FamilyWhere mobile application is also available on a wide selection of Android-powered smartphones from T-Mobile for easy access to a child's location information while parents are on-the-go.
* Allows parents to create scheduled alerts to help ensure a loved one is at home by curfew or arrives at school or other predefined location on time.
* Provides parents with a history of locations visited and other customizable alerts with a real-time Family Feed.
* Helps ensures parents are prepared in the event of an emergency; FamilyWhere's emergency profile pages allow parents to store critical information about their children including physical description and photo, allergies, family member contact details, child care or school location and contact details, all within the FamilyWhere environment.
You can download both apps from the Android Market.
Check out our latest phone reviews please visit:
Motorola CLIQ 2 Video Review
HTC EVO Shift 4G
Google Nexus S by Samsung
Samsung Galaxy Tab
HTC Surround Windows Phone 7
BlackBerry Pearl 9100 3G
T-Mobile myTouch 4G
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5