LisaG
(Head Honcho)
01/27/11 10:50 AM
Notebook Review: Lenovo IdeaPad Y560p with 2nd Gen Core i7

Let the Sandy Bridge madness begin. Laptops with the new Intel second generation Core i7 CPUs and chipsets are hitting the market, and we take a look at one of the first: the Lenovo IdeaPad Y560p. Like the outgoing Y series models, the Y560p is a 15.6" value-priced gaming and multimedia machines with excellent specs and performance.

For a grand you get a 2.0GHz second gen Intel Core i7 CPU and AMD Radeon HD 6570M graphics with a gig of VRAM. This 15.6" machine hasn't met a 3D game it can't play well, and it excels at video playback of all kinds as well as video editing. Other goodies include 4 to 6 gigs of RAM and a 500 or 750 gig hard drive, depending on the version you select. All have a gloss 1366 x 768 display, HDMI, WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1. Got a serious need for speed on a budget? Check out our Lenovo IdeaPad Y560p review with video of the machine playing Left 4 Dead 3, Wolfenstein and Mass Effect 2.

Read our Lenovo IdeaPad Y560p review

-

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage