LG today announced that their global sales of LG's LTE smartphones have reached three million units. The majority of the sales come from North America, Korea and Japan markets. LG will be significantly expanding its LTE leadership in 2012 as the number of countries offering LTE smartphones from LG expands from 10 to 20 markets by the end of the year. Here is more info:
LG's offering of LTE smartphones to date include:
- RevolutionTM by LG -- LG's first LTE model released in May 2011.
- LG Optimus LTE -- The world's first HD LTE smartphone was launched in October 2011 and exceeded sales
of one million units within the first 100 days, making it the most popular LTE-capable phone in a highly
competitive market at the start of the year.
- LG Optimus Vu: -- Launched in Korea in February 2012, the Optimus Vu: with its 5-inch IPS display and 4:3
aspect ratio offers a unique viewing experience. At 8.5mm, the Optimus Vu: is the slimmest LTE phone
currently on the market.
- LG Optimus LTE Tag -- This smartphone offers Tag+, a unique feature which uses Near Field Communication
(NFC) to interact with special stickers that change the phone's settings automatically.
- LG Optimus LTE II -- The latest in the series and the world's first LTE smartphone with 2 GB RAM.
According to a report by Jefferies & Company, LG is the global leader in LTE patents with ownership of 23 percent of approximately 1,400 LTE patents filed worldwide worth almost $8 billion. LG demonstrated the world's first LTE technology in 2007, developed the world's first LTE modem chipset in 2008, introduced the world's fastest LTE technology in 2010 and conducted the world's first video phone call on a LTE network in 2011.
Check out our LG device reviews at:
Check out our latest smartphone reviews:
HTC EVO 4G LTE Review
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus Video Review
HTC One X Review
HTC One S Review
Nokia Lumia 900 vs. HTC Titan II Comparison Smackdown
HTC Titan II Review
Nokia Lumia 900 Review
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5