T-Mobile at its Un-carrier 6.0 event introduced several initiatives including Test Drive, a program that lets you test phones for 7 days before you buy starting with the iPhone 5s, and unRadio with Rhapsody, a radio service that lets you skip all you want, and free music with Simple Choice plans. Here are the details on these new programs announced by T-Mobile:
Starting this Monday, June 23, people can sign up for T-Mobile Test Drive at www.t-mobile.com/testdrive A few days later, they'll receive an iPhone 5s fully loaded and ready to go, and they can put T-Mobile's data-strong network to the test for seven full days on the "most forward-thinking" smartphone. After the test drive, just drop it off at any T-Mobile store. There's no money down, no obligation and no strings attached.
Beginning immediately, T-Mobile's Simple Choice customers will now be able to stream all the music they want from all the most popular streaming services, including Pandora, Rhapsody, iHeartRadio, iTunes Radio, Slacker Radio and Spotify -- without ever hitting their high-speed 4G LTE data service. Music services from T-Mobile partners -- Samsung's Milk Music and the forthcoming Beatport music app from SFX -- will also stream without data charges for T-Mobile customers. While the old guard carriers with "music offers" choose a music service for you, T-Mobile is giving customers unprecedented choice with the ability to use all the top music streaming services.
T-Mobile and Rhapsody have also introduced unRadio, a new music service that eliminates the biggest customer pain points associated with traditional Internet radio. Traditional Internet radio interrupts you with ads, limits skips, and chooses your music for you. But, unRadio music streaming is completely ad-free, lets you skip all you want, and you can choose your music and replay your favorites anytime -- all from a catalog of more than 20 million songs.
Starting this Monday, June 23, T Mobile is giving unRadio -- at no extra cost -- to Simple Choice customers on its newest unlimited 4G LTE data service. In addition, unRadio will be available at a discounted price of $4 per month for other T-Mobile customers.
Rhapsody unRadio's features read like a wish list for streaming music listeners:
- Ad-free listening: While traditional Internet radio interrupts you with ads, with unRadio your music streams ad-free.
- Unlimited skips: While traditional Internet radio limits you to six skips per hour, unRadio lets you skip as much as you like.
- Choose the music you want: While traditional Internet radio chooses your music for you, unRadio lets you choose your music. When you hear a song you love on unRadio, you can mark it as a favorite and automatically save it for later listening. You can stream these songs on-demand or download them to enjoy anywhere -- even without a connection.
- Create your own stations (or listen to ours): Listen to hundreds of professionally programmed stations, or create your own stations based on the songs or artists you love.
- Live streaming radio from your hometown or around the world: unRadio offers live streaming radio from thousands of terrestrial stations in the U.S., including KCRW in Los Angeles, KEXP in Seattle, and Chicago's WXRT, among others, and from thousands of stations around the world.
- ID songs anywhere with TrackMatch: Rhapsody unRadio includes a new feature, TrackMatch, you can use to identify songs you hear while out at a bar, ballgame, party or even on TV, and create stations around these songs or save them as favorites for later listening.
Rhapsody unRadio will be available initially for iOS and Android and on the Web.
For more info on these new services visit www.t-mobile.com
Check out our latest smartphone reviews:
Asus PadFone X Video Review
Moto E Review
Samsung Galaxy S5 In-depth Review
HTC One M8 Review
Nokia Lumia Icon Video Review
LG G Flex Video Review
BlackBerry Z30 Review
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5