bdriggett
(junior member)
09/13/10 03:16 PM
Branded Motorola Droid

I have a friend who wants to give me his old Verizon branded Moto Droid, which he is no longer using. He has since purchased a I Phone and is now with AT&T. I currently have a Samsung Eternity and still have 1 more year left on my contract with AT&T. I dont know if the Droid is unlocked, but I do know he is past his 2 year contract with that phone. My question, is there anything I can do with the Droid? I'm pretty sure the phone isn't GSM since it's branded, but I've read there may be ways around that. Can I contact Verizon to get the unlock code for that phone and then just put my AT&T sim card in and start using it without skipping a beat? That would be nice, but I doubt it'll be that easy. What are my options, if any, with the Droid? Thank you in advance.

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
09/14/10 12:26 AM
Re: Branded Motorola Droid

The Droid is a CDMA phone and won't work on GSM networks. It doesn't even have a SIM card slot. Sadly, there's nothing you can do with the phone unless you're a Verizon customer.

bdriggett
(junior member)
09/15/10 12:59 PM
Re: Branded Motorola Droid

I thought that might be the case. So, the best I can do with it is wait for my contract with AT&T to be up then sign up with Verizon.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage