Infinity
(junior member)
12/27/04 09:50 AM
Zire 72 card capacity?

What size SD/MMC card can the Zire 72 hold? Is there a limit yet?

felipe
(member)
12/28/04 03:17 PM
Re: Zire 72 card capacity?

Hi!!!

As far as I know....U can use any size of SD/MMC card u get in the market for your zire 72...There is no limit.

Felipe(PalmFreak)

robklebes
(junior member)
02/02/05 12:34 PM

How about brand? I'm curious as to whether it only supports the 1st party SD cards or if it will accept any manufacturer's SD cards (I saw a deal recently for a 10 USD 128--or was it 256?-- MB SD card from Kensington or Kingston, something along those lines, my father found the link a few days ago but I had no money left after ordering my Zire 72, so it didn't stick in my head, lol).

felipe
(member)
02/03/05 03:10 PM

Hello!!!

As for the brand, I guess its better you check for the compatibility of the product with the Zire 72 at the manufacturer's website...
Enjoy..
Felipe(palmFreak)

Greg
(PDA Addict)
02/07/05 03:58 PM

robklebes, you can use any brand card you wish, it doesn't have to be the palmOne branded card.

Infinity
(junior member)
05/27/05 08:53 AM

Not long ago PalmOne published on their site that their most recent models only support 2GB SD cards. Some earlier ones support smaller sized SD cards.

This appears to be the press release:
http://tinyurl.com/ctpmw

I found this doing this google search:
"site:palmone.com sd card capacity"

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/27/05 01:05 PM

It's true that 2 gig should be the limit for the Zire 72 since palmOne handhelds except the LifeDrive support FAT which limits you to 2 gigs. Palm's knowledge base article posted by Infinity actually says anything *under* 2 gigs is safe.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage