wraith0078
(junior member)
01/24/05 05:04 AM
Palm M515 won't turn on.

I recently got a used Palm M515 from a friend at work.
The battery was dead when I got it and the AC adaptor for the cradle couldn't be found, so I went and got a USB sync/charge cable and plugged it into my computer to charge it up.
I let it charge for about 5 hours and the power button does light up now, but it won't turn on.

I've tried resetting it and doing a hard reset, but still nothing displays on the screen. My friend said it had been sitting for about six months without being charged or turned on, but the last time he used it, it worked fine. Anybody got any ideas what could be wrong with it? There's not even so much as a scratch on it and he never dropped it or anything... I'm at a loss here. I'm gonna let it charge all night and see what happens, but I won't get my hopes up.

Any help would be appreciated.

felipe
(member)
01/25/05 08:21 PM
Re: Palm M515 won't turn on.

hello!!!

You can try this reset (In Cradle reset)..It may help you...
An in-cradle reset will reset the charging circuitry in a rechargeable device. This is helpful if your device turns off as soon as you turn it on, or if it doesn't seem to be charging when you connect it to a power source.

The charger can be any type of cradle or cable that charges your device. The important bit is to make sure the power adapter is plugged in and supplying power to your device during the reset.

1. Connect your device securely to its charging cradle or cable, and connect the cradle/cable to a power source.
2. Use an unfolded paper clip, or the reset tool at the tip of your stylus.
3. Gently press the RESET button inside the hole on the back panel of your device (where's the reset hole?).
4. All data on your device should be retained. If you do lose data after a soft reset, you may have a more serious issue with your hardware that requires a repair.
5. After a soft reset, a logo screen appears, followed shortly by a Preferences screen asking you to set time and date.

Like I said at the beginning..Just Try...It may work...This issue soes not exactely look like yours but it may work

Felipe(palmFreak)

wraith0078
(junior member)
01/25/05 08:44 PM
Re: Palm M515 won't turn on.

Unfortunately, I've tried that already.
I'm gonna go ahead and order a new battery and try that.
If that doesn't work, I know where to get a new motherboard for it as well.

So far I'm only out $10.00 for a sync/charge cable, so I'm not too disappointed.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage