pipodimbo
(junior member)
06/03/05 12:15 PM
Palm Zire 31 + GPAS Holux

I bought a palm zire31 recently and I will wish to connect to him a receiver GPS (holux gm-210) which I also have. The connector of the GPS being a port ps2, I do not find a cable allowing to connect my palm with this gps.

I bought a car-fed HUB USB which enables me to feed my GPS. In addition, I connect my palm to Gps via the HUB.

On the other hand, I do not receive any signal of the GPS (software of navigation that I use (mapsonic 2.5) does not find a GPS on port 4800.)

- is it necessary to parameterize a particular connection on the PALM??
- is it necessary to use a specific cable so that the palm can receive information of GPS(other that the Hot-Sync cable)???

I thank you by advance for your answers.

Tanker_Bob
(PDA Addict)
06/05/05 01:19 AM
Re: Palm Zire 31 + GPAS Holux

I can't speak to GPS specifically, but Palm's connector communicates via RS-232 serial protocol. Most GPS systems have an RS-232 port/output of some sort. You may need to build a cable from scratch to match up the pin-outs of each device unless you can find one, which doesn't seem likely. No guarantee this will work, but it's the only thing that comes to mind.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage