Ben Bok
(junior member)
05/13/03 05:18 PM
How to Sync clie sj22 with outlook

Hello everbody.
I just bought me the Clie PEG-SJ22 and I know Nothing.I'm used to EPOC-devices such as Psion 5mx/Nokia 9210.So I'm very new with Palm OS.

Is there someone who is willing to learn me more about for instance how to sync my device with Outlook?First I'd like to have my contacts and appointments into my sj22.
How do I do that and what do I need? [Confused]

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/13/03 05:30 PM
Re: How to Sync clie sj22 with outlook

The SJ22 comes with Intellisync Lite for syncing to Outlook. When you install the software, it will ask you if you want to sync to Outlook-- sy yes, and it will install Intellisync Lite.
The user manuals that come on the CD with the Clie have a great deal of information about how to setup and use your SJ.

Ben Bok
(junior member)
05/13/03 06:02 PM

Hi Lisa,

On my sj22 I found HotSync.On my CD I didn't find anything like Intellisync Lite.So I guess that it is not available for me.Where do I get this program and is it simple to install or do I have to do something special.
Excuse me for my ignorance,but I do my way on a Symbian device but not on a Palm OS-device. [Frown]

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/13/03 06:30 PM

During the installation of Palm Desktop, it should ask you if you wish to sync to Palm Desktop or Outlook. If you select Outlook, it should install Intellisync.

Ben Bok
(junior member)
05/13/03 06:45 PM

Hi Lisa,

I probably missed it.Do I have to reinstall Palm Desktop or is there an other way to solve the problem?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/13/03 06:49 PM

Probably easiest to remove then reinstall Palm Desktop.

Ben Bok
(junior member)
05/13/03 06:58 PM

OK we'll do so.I'll let you know if it worked

Ben Bok
(junior member)
05/14/03 05:39 AM

Hi Lisa or anyone else,

I tried several times to uninstall,restart and reinstall PalmDesktop,but I can only choose Sync with Palm Desktop.There is no option for sync with Outlook [Frown]
I still need to sync with Outlook.What do I have to do now? [Confused]

Ben Bok
(junior member)
05/14/03 01:42 PM

Hello again,

Is there some one who can help me with my problem wich I described up above?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/14/03 08:02 PM

Hmm. . . I just looked at Sony's website and it looks like Intellisync Lite is no longer included with the SJ22 (it's not listed anymore). Maybe that's why you can't find it on the CD. If it's not included, you'll need to buy either Intellisync from www.pumatech.com or Chapura's Pocket Mirror (www.chapura.com)to sync to Outlook.

[ May 14, 2003, 07:36 PM: Message edited by: LisaG ]

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage