yogidiva
(junior member)
08/15/03 06:01 PM
Help! Fatal Alert message

Hi,
I'm having major problems with my NX70. When I perform a Hot Sync it always says it's been interrupted and then the screen freezes. I tried performing a hard reset and now it says Fatal Alert "Fatal Exception" and has a reset button at the bottom. When I hit it, it sends the same message over and over. Please help.
Thanks

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
08/15/03 06:02 PM
Re: Help! Fatal Alert message

Did the NX70V sync OK before, or have you had the problem since you got the unit?

Either way, re-installing Sony Palm Desktop on your computer would be a good place to start.

yogidiva
(junior member)
08/15/03 06:19 PM

I've had problems syncing before. After the sync interupted message came up it hasn't been the same. So I should insert the Clie CD and start over? I have a Mac so this has been a pain in the butt for a while. I do have the missing sync software but it's still been annoying at times. How do I reset my handheld?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
08/15/03 06:45 PM

Since you're using a Mac, you should download the latest version of Palm Desktop for Mac from Palm.com. The version on the Clie CD is for Windows.

Re-install the downloaded Palm Desktop, the re-install MissingSync. Check the MarkSpace web site to make sure you have the latest version (minor updates are free).

To soft reset the Clie, press the reset hole using the stylus. To hard reset it, follow the instructions in the manual which you can access on the Mac since the manual and help files are all cross platform PDF and HTML web pages. Basically you press the power and reset buttons simultanously until the unit asks you if you want to erase everything. I'd reinstall the desktop software before trying to hard reset the PDA though.

yogidiva
(junior member)
08/15/03 07:29 PM

Ok, I re-installed everything and did a hard reset on Clie. When I synced everything it looked fine until it said that my sync was incomplete and that my stuff couldn't be backed up. Now my Clie is back to the Fatal Alert message.
I'm about to go back to paper calendars

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
08/17/03 06:43 PM

One last thing to try is moving/renaming the folder inside the Palm Desktop folder that has the same name as your HotSync name. It may be that something in that folder got corrupted.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage