MichaelClark
(junior member)
08/31/06 02:00 AM
Adobe Reader on WIndows Mobile Version 5.0

I have a Verizon XV67000 and tried installing Adobe reader for the pocket pc. I just got a generic error message saying the installation was unsuccessful. Has anyone out there been able to install it on their 6700 or Mobile 5.0 device? If so, any recommendations?

Jacob_Spindel
(Moderator and writer)
08/31/06 06:45 AM
Re: Adobe Reader on WIndows Mobile Version 5.0

Hello,

I think there is an alternative called Xpdf that many people like better anyway. Adobe's Reader hasn't been updated in years.

Chip_D
(junior member)
09/03/06 10:08 PM

I have a Sprint 6700, which I guess is the same thing, and I successfully installed and use the Adobe Reader. I agree with the other post as it's version 1, I think.

Chip

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
09/04/06 02:23 PM

Verion 2 of Adobe Acrobat Reader is the latest (it came out last year if I remember correctly). It should install without error, so it's hard to guess what went wrong for the original poster.

It's available here: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Just select Mobile and Pocket PC to get the right download.

iakobos
(junior member)
09/30/06 05:03 PM

I was successful. A few days ago I tried to install Reader 2.0 (on a Sprint 6700), but had the same problems a lot of people were having and checked forums without success. What I didn't notice until today was that the installer left a .CAB file. The .CAB file was able to install and works well from the storage card. If it didn't leave a .CAB file for you, PM me and I'll send it.

civicman
(junior member)
03/05/07 04:07 PM

could you send me the CAB file. My 6700 is only wireless and do not want to connect via activesync. Understand there is a way to install cab if can receive it on the phone via email. thanks,

sober11199
(junior member)
10/13/07 04:33 AM

I sent a PM asking for the .cab file. It will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage