emox
(member)
02/15/04 02:38 PM
Help! My battery won't charge

My ipaq will no longer charge via USB charge cable or my ac adapater. I haven't tried the cradle yet or taking the battery out and putting it in the "extra battery" slot in the cradle. Eithe way though, not being able to charge it with the ac adapter is not cool. What should I do?!

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
02/15/04 08:51 PM
Re: Help! My battery won't charge

Do try the cradle- some of the new iPAQs actually need to be cradled to reset the charging circuitry if it gets confused. Also pop the battery out and in again.

emox
(member)
02/16/04 01:52 AM

Well I've tried the entire ipaq in the cradle and that did not work. Taking the battery out (I've taken it out and put it back in numerous times) and putting it in the AUX Battery charger works, but that's not really a viable option. If I have to restore my backup every time I charge the battery that will get kind of annoying. What should I do?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
02/16/04 07:10 AM

I'd return it or call HP and send it in for service.

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/17/04 06:43 PM

Make sure you've installed the ROM updates from HP's support web site.

Also, try taking the battery out for 1 or 2 minutes, as this can fix the problem (you're not the first person to encounter the problem).

compaq3635shot
(junior member)
05/28/04 12:57 AM

Im having a similar problem with a new battery on an IPAQ 3635. It will blink yellow but the battery will not fully charge. Ive opened the PDA and removed and replaced the new battery. I've also updated the ROM and the software.
These things are great when they work.... or when they are not lost. If I find out more on IPAQ batteries and power issues I will post and try to help any way I can.

MadamMeow
(junior member)
10/09/04 10:38 PM

The battery that came with my 4355 is doing sort of the same thing. I can leave it charging overnight and when I disconnect the charger I'm told that my charge is approx. 25 to 45%. If I do a soft reset, then it will show 95 to 100% charge. I tried taking the battery and putting it in the spare charging spot. Then the green light comes on to show it is completely charged. When the whole pda (with battery) is in the cradle, the amber light blinks erratically. Just when I think it's "gone solid" it'll start blinking again.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage