Dan_42
(veteran)
08/10/05 09:09 PM
Palm Skin Demo

http://palmpowerups.com/index.php

At the following site, there is some beta software for palm which allows for skinning of the basic Palm OS 5 UI. (dialog boxes, scroll bars and whatnot)

Although it is still in beta mode, it has been running very solidly (on my Palm T3), and the extra eye-candy effects are pretty nice.

There are a variety of skins available for free download as well.

Dan_42
(veteran)
01/11/06 11:25 AM
Re: Palm Skin Demo

Has anyone been able to access that site recently?

At the moment, where I am (in China), I can't see the site; Perhaps it has been blocked? (I think that this page's webhost may have (unfortunately) been lumped in with a range of newly-blocked IP addresses)

Anyway, does anyone know about the status of this program at this point in time?

I liked it during the initial parts of the beta/testing release, but the more recent versions (as of approximately 2 months ago) ended up conflicting with Agendus or something on my Palm and it ended up making things unstable.

I'm curious whether the program is "finished" or not now; I wouldn't mind trying it out again.

-Dan

Jacob_Spindel
(Moderator and writer)
01/11/06 12:41 PM
Re: Palm Skin Demo

I tried the site, and it indicated that SkinUI is still in beta. However, even after downloading the software, I can't find any beta "number" like beta 1, 2, whatever. So I don't know if it is a newer beta than you already have.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage