golikethewind
(junior member)
11/28/05 06:51 AM
Windows Mobile OS

Hi guyz
I wanna get Windows Mobile Operating System v5.0 so let me know how can I get this
thanx
Go like the wind

Jacob_Spindel
(Moderator and writer)
11/28/05 04:33 PM
Re: Windows Mobile OS

Buy a PocketPC that comes with it...?

golikethewind
(junior member)
11/29/05 04:29 AM

Hey R U crazy I know that but I wanna get Operating System only. if U know how to get it let me know
thanx
Go like the wind

Jacob_Spindel
(Moderator and writer)
11/29/05 05:52 PM

Uh... no, if anyone's crazy, well let's just say it's not me.

A very small number of PocketPCs are upgradable to WM 5. These upgrades are sold through the vendors directly (e.g. HP, Dell, etc.). Since you didn't provide any information about what model you have, that's all the help we can provide.

If you haven't heard of an upgrade for your device, chances are you really will have to buy a new PocketPC.

Julian_Suwandi
(PDA Addict)
11/29/05 10:38 PM

Jacob's right. The reason why WM5 is not available to the general public is because device makers have to customize the operating system to work with their hardware. Its similar to the PC, as each hardware needs a driver, only that these drivers has a common platform, a x86 CPU, video card, and slots whereas each PPC has its own hardware that are proprietary to the makers.

Hope this helps.

golikethewind
(junior member)
11/30/05 04:01 AM

Yeap Man,
I have a i-mate K-Jam it's working properly but I wanna format & clean install Windows for that
golikethewind

Julian_Suwandi
(PDA Addict)
11/30/05 02:42 PM

You can't just have the Windows OS, but hard setting it would do a "fresh" install. Also, if you are looking for custom ROMs, go to www.xda-developers.com and they might have something going. But as of now, the k-jam is too new for people to develop hacks on it.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage