Snaredrum
(junior member)
05/28/04 09:18 PM
Help with set-up of new Pocket PC

I have a new HP 2215 and a Sandisk SD WiFi card. The installation of the card went great. The problem I'm having is getting the card to recongize my wireless network at home. I don't know if its the wireless router or settings on the iPAQ 2215. Please help!

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/29/04 04:49 AM
Re: Help with set-up of new Pocket PC

Are the card and access point set to use DHCP? Are you using WEP encryption, and if so, have you entered the WEP key in hex format?

Snaredrum
(junior member)
05/29/04 07:55 PM

I guess I'm just dumb on this (Lack of wireless and Network training) I'm using a iPAQ 2215 with a sandisk sd card. The main computer is Windows XP and a D-Link Wireless router model DI-514. I went to a local truckstop that has Wifi. My iPaq picked it right up. It wouldn't let me dload because I don't have an account. It said unable to load page. At home it won't even see the router. What a mess. Any hlep would be great as this is my second wireless card for this IPAQ. Thanks

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/31/04 06:04 PM

Well you'll want to check your D-Link 514 to make sure it's using DHCP and to see if you've assigned a WEP key (sounds like you haven't though).

You should also try powering the D-Link off then on again to reset it. If none of that works, check D-link's web site to see if they have an updater for the 514.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage