anix
(junior member)
07/09/04 06:18 AM
Which one will be better overall?

I am looking at either buying a Sony TH-55 or an HP Ipaq 4150. Now, where I live in Canada, I am able to get the Sony for about $500 cdn and the Ipaq for $600. Both have very similar features, and are very comparable. The one thing I am wondering about, as I dont have alot of experience with PDA's is the fact that the Sony is running Palm OS 5.2.1 . I dont know what kind of availibility of software there is on Palm OS being that I will want to run MSN messanger and browse the web. Also I know that the Sony is running the variable speed processor at 128 MHZ whereas the HP has a 400 MHZ Intel chip in it. If I try to watch a movie or do processor intensive things will this make a big difference?

I am wondering which is the better deal, and futhermore based on those replies, which i should go buy tommorow!

Cheers

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
07/11/04 09:21 PM
Re: Which one will be better overall?

Palm OS 5.2.x is the the latest version you can get (no OS 6 devices have shipped).

Palm OS requires much less processing power than Pocket PC so the TH55 processor feels pretty fast and is comparable in many ways to the iPAQ.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage