NickB
(junior member)
07/21/04 07:10 PM
Don't need Bluetooth, don't need WiFi...

But I do want a great processor, awesome screen, sufficient memory, ability to play videos. In short, is there anything quality out there without spending the $$$ on wireless applications I will not use? Like perhaps the new Dell Axim X30?
Thank you in advance for your opinions.

NickB

Tong Zhang
(Senior Editor)
07/21/04 09:45 PM
Re: Don't need Bluetooth, don't need WiFi...

If you don't need any wireless, then the X30 basic unit should do well. The 312MHz processor performs pretty well, it's got the new OS version, the same screen as the higher end X30s. It has less memory, but you can always get expansion cards. I've played intensive games like Age of Empires on the X30 basic and it worked very smoothly.

NickB
(junior member)
07/22/04 11:49 AM
Re: Don't need Bluetooth, don't need WiFi...

Thanks for your reply, Tong. Only one thing is tempting me away from the x30, and that is the Clie TJ37. And only because of the built in camera, because I don't own a digital camera and would like to experiment with one.

Apart from the camera, how do the two units compare in other respects, nothwithstanding any WiFi/Bluetooth issues?

Is there a third party digital camera application that would work with the X30? If so, and if reasonably priced, this could make the built in camera on the Clie less of an issue.

Thank you again for your help. This forum is a great resource and we truly appreciate it.

NickB

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage