margaret
(junior member)
12/02/07 09:01 AM
Wi Fi Cards for the dell Axim X30 Standard model. 312 Mh HELP URGENT

Hi i am purchasing a Dell Axim X30 Standard model.312 mhz and understand that i can use wireless cards for this, i am on a Netgear Wireless Cable/Dsl Router,
What i want to know is the cards i can use, Can i use a Spectec card 802.llb and sandisk cards wireless, i notice that the mini SD Card can be used but it says something about a mini SD to SD card adapter, i am not sure what this means,
It does say that the pda is not wireless so i presume i could still use wireless cards.
I know nothin on wireless cards or pdas, so help would be appreciated as i want to purchase a card as quickly as possible to get onto the internet.

Thanks for your help. i hope someone will respond to me.

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
12/02/07 11:32 AM
Re: Wi Fi Cards for the dell Axim X30 Standard model. 312 Mh HELP URGENT

You can use SanDisk and Spectec cards. The Axim has a full-sized SD card slot unlike some PDA phones that have a mini SD card slot (mini SD is shorter than SD). So you'd need an adapter so a mini SD card could fit into the full size SD card slot.

margaret
(junior member)
12/02/07 12:30 PM

thanks for coming back to me, i am sory i still dont quite understand would i need an adapter then with the axim if i had a mini spectec card, all the other spectec cards are ok, would not need an adapter would i
could u please come back and let me know,
sorry to be a nuisance but dont know anything about cards at all.
thanks for your help.

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
12/02/07 10:32 PM

If you use a mini SD wifi card you would need an adapter. If you get an SD wifi adapter (full size SD, not mini SD) then you would not need an adapter.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage