punyparker04
(PDA Addict)
06/22/10 07:20 PM
Certain discount allowing me to get the HTC Aria cheap.

I was planning on getting the iPhone 4 this thursday, but when logging into my at&t account online, I noticed one of my family lines (which isn't available for upgrade) has the HTC Aria with a no-commitment pricing of $349.99 plus a $100.00 additional discount. That's 249.99 for the HTC Aria off contract. Should I get the iPhone 4 or the Aria and thus keep my upgrade for future use?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
06/23/10 04:53 AM
Re: Certain discount allowing me to get the HTC Aria cheap.

Well, that's a nice discount on a non-contract phone. Is the additional discount due to a $100 rebate for qualifying data/voice plans?

As to which you should get:
1) which phone do you really want?
2) how do you feel about a contract extension?

I know you've been interested in Android phones in the past, and it looks like the Samsung Capivate will be coming to AT&T in a few months (their version of the Galaxy S high end Android phone with a 4" super AMOLED display and a 1GHz Hummingbird processsor). Otherwise, the iPhone 4 is certainly one of the nicest phones likely coming to AT&T this quarter.

punyparker04
(PDA Addict)
06/24/10 03:14 AM

Lisa, it turns out some iPhone 4s are having some yellow discoloration on their displays. Could this be some problem with the first batch of orders, should I wait for the second batch to get mine?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
06/24/10 03:31 AM

Really hard to say how many in the first batch are a problem. It's something I'm sure Apple will fix in future batches if it is indeed a hardware problem. Should you get one with the yellow problem, you can always swap it for a replacement at an Apple or AT&T store though.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage