FORDOC
(junior member)
10/26/11 07:15 PM
HTC Evo Design 4g Attenuation

Hello I was wondering if you experienced any signal attenuation during your review of the phone? I have purchased the phone and see a significant signal drop when I hold the phone and touch the lower corner area (corner the charging port in near).

If you do experience the signal dropping, I was wondering if you can offer a solution that doesn't require a hard case.

I love the phone however this and short battery life are making me frustrated.
Thanks!

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
10/26/11 11:01 PM
Re: HTC Evo Design 4g Attenuation

Hi Fordoc, so far I haven't seen any 1xRTT signal loss (the radio technology used for voice calls) when holding the phone in a variety of normal (at least for me) positions. When holding it and using it for Internet activities (3G/4G), I also haven't seen a drop.

We've only had the phone a few days, so it's hard to issue a verdict on battery life. But I've yet to see a WiMAX 4G phone with 4G turned on that has very good battery life, and this phone is no exception. Battery life isn't stellar with 4G turn on.

FORDOC
(junior member)
10/27/11 05:33 AM

Lisa thank you for the swift reply. Very helpful in moving forward. Last question... Do you know what type of battery improvement with 4g turned off? Representatives told me I should receive approximately an hour more of talk time. Just wondering your thoughts.

Also I want to thank you for the informative videos and availability.

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
10/27/11 09:57 AM

I'd say an hour more actual useage time is accurate.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage