lunning
(junior member)
11/03/12 02:53 PM
Online streaming help

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. How come when I got to ABC network .com and try and stream full episodes of tv shows it will work fine no problems. But when i got to other site such a NBC and try and do the same thing with there shows. It will not work. It says i cant do that with this device. Is there a app i need to get or a setting i can change??? Or is it just those site that need to be fixed?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
11/03/12 05:03 PM
Re: Online streaming help

Some sites use Adobe Flash for streaming video. You likely need to download it from Adobe's website, then install it (you can get to the download using the built-in file manager and run it from there. Also make sure to enable installation of non-Market apps in settings before running the installer. The download URL is:

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flash..._player_ics.apk

lunning
(junior member)
11/03/12 09:25 PM

Thanks for your help. I did that and it still does not work !! What now ?

lunning
(junior member)
11/04/12 08:16 AM

Okay well I found out it uses java any way to download that ?? I tried and it did not let me .

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
11/04/12 08:54 AM

It's kinda ironic since the app foundation for Android is based on Java, but there's no way to download a Java runtime for the web browser in Android. I'm surprised major networks are still using Java for video streaming these days since it's so mobile-unfriendly.

Jacob_Spindel
(Moderator and writer)
11/20/12 03:29 PM

Check if the individual content provider offers a mobile solution. For example, the NBC app is available here for iOS and Android.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage