HelpPlease
(junior member)
05/21/13 11:57 PM
Digital Drawing & Photo Editing on Laptop Convertibles

I currently use a Wacom Bamboo CTH-470 tablet, Toshiba Satellite P775 laptop PC and Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 software for drawing & photo editing.
I would love to own a Wacom Cintiq tablet, but until I increase my proficiency and confidence I am delaying purchasing one.
I would prefer at this time to find a Laptop Convertible PC which I can draw directly on screen using a Wacom pressure sensitive stylus/pen, since I still need the features of a PC but would like to get the feel of drawing directly on a laptop screen.
Can you suggest any current Touchscreen Laptop Convertible PCs that may fit these criteria?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
05/23/13 03:18 AM
Re: Digital Drawing & Photo Editing on Laptop Convertibles

For Wacom tablets that have the necessary WinTab drivers for pressure sensitivity, you're looking at the Samsung ATIV 700T and Microsoft Surface Pro for current generation Windows 8 tablets/convertibles/hybrids. We have reviews of these three on our site. The older Samsung Series 7 Slate (an Intel Core i5 tablet you can use with an optional Bluetooth keyboard) is another option if you're looking to save money since it's a 2012 Windows 7 model. We have a review of that as well, and I've owned one for over a year.

HelpPlease
(junior member)
05/28/13 05:58 PM
Re: Digital Drawing & Photo Editing on Laptop Convertibles

Thank you so much for the information. I wish the screen sizes on those types of devices were a little larger. I know they are designed for mobility, but it is difficult replacing my current laptop (which has a 17” display) with a 10.5”-11.5” display. It’s too bad they couldn’t come up with a 13” or 15” display. I may have to wait and hold out hope that they may be available in larger display sizes in the future. Again, thank you very much!

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage