ATT has added a new browsing limits feature to ATT Smart Limits for Wireless that lets parents set additional parameters around their children's access to the mobile Internet by assigning a monetary or a megabyte or gigabyte usage limit. Here is more info:
AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless is a Web-based suite of tools that gives subscribers flexibility in managing their children's mobile phone experience. AT&T is the first major carrier to offer usage ceilings for mobile Web browsing as part of its parental controls lineup. In addition to surfing the Internet, popular tasks such as updating a social networking profile and downloading a game require a connection to the mobile Web.
Limits can be adjusted at any time. For example, parents can allocate a certain number of megabytes for mobile Web use but offer to increase it for a child who completes household chores on time or improves his or her grades.
AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless also gives parents the ability to:
* Establish times of day the phone can be used for mobile Web browsing, messaging and outbound calls.
* Filter access to Internet content that is inappropriate for children.
* Define the number of text and instant messages allowed.
* Block or allow calls or texts to or from certain numbers (incoming and outgoing).
* Limit downloadable purchases such as ringtones, games, graphics and other content to a certain dollar amount.
AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless is available for $4.99 a month per line to AT&T wireless customers who subscribe to a postpaid rate plan. To learn more about AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless, visit www.att.com/smartlimitsforwireless For the full suite of AT&T parental controls, go to www.att.com/smartlimits
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
AT&T Phone Reviews
Verizon Phone Reviews
Sprint Phone Reviews
T-Mobile Phone Reviews
Unlocked Phone Reviews
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5