Emblazed unveiled its Linux OS for mobile phones a couple of months ago in London. Now it will demo the first ELSE device at CES 2010 in Las Vegas. The first ELSE has a 3.5-inch touch screen with tactile feedback running at 854 x 480 resolution, up to 32 gigs flash storage, a 5 megapixel camera and built-in GPS. The device is powered by a TI OMAP 3430 processor and has quad band GSM and HSDPA/UMTS 850/1900/2100 MHz. The device is like for showing off the OS and interface and shopping as OEM partner. Here is more info:
The user interface of the First Else is designed around single-handed operation, using a capacitive touch screen so that users can select actions and information using their thumb alone. The applications share a single database, so that each one has access to key information, e.g. the handset can display information about the caller, including the last email they sent. First Else include noise cancellation to cut out any background din, a conference call generator to make it easy to set up multi-party calls, and an audio call log that enables users to play back recent voice calls. The handset also features a silent communication mode. If the user is in a meeting, callers hear a menu telling them the user is busy, but giving them the option to press a key and send an alert if the call is urgent. In addition, a photo album application, meanwhile, features geo-tagging so that images can be grouped together based on where they were taken.
Additional features include:
- 5yrs of development and collaboration between over 20 top technology companies.
- Sharp as OEM Parnter
- Access as SW & Server Platform partner - Linux Platform 3.0 based touch interface
- Hardware: based on a TI OMAP 3430 processor with a built-in GPU for graphics acceleration (the same as used in the Palm Pre smartphone) with up to 32GB Flash memory, a 5-megapixel camera, and a high-definition 854 x 480 resolution 3.5in screen suitable for showing movies
- 115mmx56mmx12mm for best agronomic handling
- Full capacitive touch screen, side touch button for one hand interaction,
- intuitive UI
To read our latest phone reviews please visit:
Samsung Ommnia II for Verizon
Nokia N900 Unlocked GSM
HTC HD2 Unlocked GSM
BlackBerry Bold 9700
Samsung Omnai II for Verizon
Droid Erisby HTC
Motorola DROID for Verizon
Samsung Moment for Sprint
More News. . .
Powered by UBB.threads™ 6.5.5