LisaG
(Head Honcho)
11/29/12 03:39 PM
Microsoft Announce Surface Pro Tablet Pricing and Date

This is for those of you who were tickled by the MS Surface RT tablet, but want full Windows 8 with the ability to run Windows 7 programs, otherwise known as x86 apps or .exes. Microsoft's Surface Pro tablet with an Intel Core i5 ULV CPU and a 10.6" full HD 1080p display will be released in January 2013 with a starting price of $899. That gets you the tablet and a digital pen, but no keyboard. If you want to add on the nifty Touch Cover or the more tactile Type Cover, you'll have to fork out an additional $100 to $130.

The Surface Pro looks and feels much like the Surface RT, and that'a good thing. It has a VaporMG casing with integrated kickstand, and while it's heavier than the RT model, it still weighs less than 2 pounds (not including keyboard). It's 14mm thick.

$899 gets you the 64 gig Surface Pro

$999 for the 128 gig Surface Pro

We expect it will use the same Intel Core i5-3317U 1.7GHz CPU with Intel HD 4000 graphics that's used on other Core i tablets and Ultrabooks. Likely it will have 4 gigs of RAM.

It will have dual band WiFi 802.11b/g/n with MIMO and Bluetooth.

It will have one USB 3.0 port and a Mini DisplayPort (we call that a little port-starved vs. other tablets and Ultrabooks).

Source: Microsoft TechNet Blog

Related:

Microsoft Surface RT Tablet Review

-

aznboyknowledge
(member)
12/06/12 10:13 AM
Re: Microsoft Announce Surface Pro Tablet Pricing and Date

If you were to compare the Sony vaio duo 11 and the Lenovo twist with the windows pro, which device would be the more preferred?

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
12/06/12 10:25 AM
Re: Microsoft Announce Surface Pro Tablet Pricing and Date

Personally I'd pick the Vaio Duo 11 over Surface because I want a keyboard and the Vaio has more ports. I'd pick the Duo over the Twist because I have a need for the digital pen, want the full HD display and the Duo 11 is smaller and lighter. But some folks want a great keyboard and could care less about the pen, and the Twist would be better for them.

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage