Tong Zhang
(Senior Editor)
05/13/04 12:32 PM
Replacing PDA Parts

If you have a broken display and don't want to send back to the manufacturers, here is a site that sells PDA parts. One of our members Kikuchiyo has tried their service and was happy with the screen he replaced. Here is the link to the site, please post your feedback here if you have used their services to help others decide whether to go with them.

http://www.gethightech.com/

Laurie
(junior member)
11/26/04 05:21 PM
Re: Replacing PDA Parts

I have a Toshiba e310. The front light doesn't seem to work. Is this something I (a reasonably adept person, never worked on anything smaller than my laptop, but . . .) could replace? Or is this not even worth trying to fix?

Thanks for any help.

Tong Zhang
(Senior Editor)
11/26/04 06:23 PM

You mean the LED light stopped working?

Laurie
(junior member)
11/27/04 08:12 AM

When I turn the unit on, I can barely see the display. It seems to work, but I have to hold it at a very funky angle and I also can't see it in the dark. Would this be the LED?

Tong Zhang
(Senior Editor)
11/27/04 01:22 PM

The display should have a backlight that you can turn on. On all Pocket PC, you can turn the backlight on and off by holding the power button. If you wish to manage when the backlight should turn on or off, got to Settings/Backlight.

Muncher
(junior member)
11/19/06 04:44 AM

hi i am looking for a how to on replacing my hp 6315 screen ? is there anything i need to look for when i am doing this and dose any one have any tips on the best way to do this ?

thank you
helpless geek

LisaG
(Head Honcho)
11/21/06 08:07 PM

I don't know of a source for that model's touch screen and/or LCD. Pocket PC Techs offers a repair service here.

Muncher
(junior member)
11/22/06 01:51 AM

all right thx

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage