General Discussions >> News

Pages: 1
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger Review
      #48430 - 08/17/15 07:30 PM

Jackery offers several portable battery chargers in different capacities to suit different mobile users. The Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger is a thin portable battery that's 3000mAh in capacity. It's ultra slim and can fill up most smartphone with a full charge and it's quick to recharge. The battery charger works with any phone or tablet and it charges one device at a time. The Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger comes in bright matte orange.

The Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger has a sleek design in a slim form. The matte orange has a light metallic sheen and the matte surface prevents it from slipping out of your hand too easily. The slim battery measures 4.9 x 2.4 x 0.3 inches and it can fit in any gear bag, your purse or your pocket. The battery weighs 3.4 ounces. The Jackery Air 6 has a full USB charging port that outputs 5V/1A and a micro USB recharging port. The battery charger comes with both a micro USB recharging cable and a USB to Lightning cable. The Jackery Air 6 also has a single LED light that flashes three colors, blue, green and red, to indicate battery levels and charging status. It also has a corner power button that can turn on charging.

The Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger uses high quality lithium polymer battery that has smart circuitry for safety and fast charging. The battery carries MFI (Made for iPhone) certification and it indeed works very well with iPhone models. It can charge the iPhone 6 Plus with a full charge and the iPhone 6 1.5 times. It also charges the iPhone models faster than it does other phones. It takes about 2 hours to fully charge an iPhone 6. It can also charge the Samsung Galaxy S6 with a full charge but it takes longer to charge the Galaxy devices.

The Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger has built-in safety technology that includes advanced microships that prevent it from over charging, short circuiting and over heating. The battery takes less than 4 hours to recharge.

Conclusion

The Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger is a battery of convenience. You can slip it in your pocket or a small purse to top up your phone daily or charge your iPhone from empty to full at least once on overnight trips. The battery is very slim and light. It charges iPhone models faster and it doesn't take long to recharge itself. We like the color that makes it easy to find in a crowded gear bag and the short Lightning cable that's included for user's convenience. The single LED light can be confusing at times, as the red light turns on when the battery still has 15% of power left.

Editor's Ratings (1-5): 4
What's Hot: Very slim and light, fast charging for iPhone models, comes with a Lightning cable.
What's Not: LED light can be confusing.
Price: $39.99

Reviewed by: Tong Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------

Check out our iPhone Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPhone-Case-Reviews.htm

Check out our iPad Case, bag, battery and keyboard Reviews at:
http://www.mobiletechreview.com/iPad-Case-Reviews.htm

----

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
barryem

Reged: 06/07/12
Loc: Arkansas
Re: Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger Review [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #48431 - 08/17/15 11:26 PM

I bought an earlier Jackery battery early this year or late last year. It was the same capacity and color but it had a very different look so maybe it was an earlier model. Anyway it works just fine but has one irritating problem.

If I leave a cable plugged into it, even with nothing on the other end of that cable, it discharges fairly quickly; in just a few days. If I don't leave a cable plugged into it it holds a charge just fine for as long as my other chargers do.

Hopefully they fixed that in this model and if they did it would be nice to know it. More important, it would be nice if you guys could mention that if it wasn't fixed. It should be easy enough to find out.

Thanks,
Barry

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Jackery Air 6 Portable External Battery Charger Review [Re: barryem]
      #48432 - 08/18/15 02:46 PM

I tested this and left the charging cable on it all night, the batter did not drain. Or at least it's still solid blue. The LED indication isn't precise which I mentioned in the review.

-----
MTR News

Pages: 1

Extra information
2 registered and 2642 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Tong Zhang, LisaG, News, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3540

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage