MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> Ask Us!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Sigmawoz

Reged: 02/01/06
VX6700
      #22508 - 02/01/06 02:41 PM

I just bought the VX6700 based Mobile Techs review. It is awsome, better than expected.

The article mentioned a "simple registry edit" to allow WiFi and the phone to work at the same time. I have no idea how to do that. Any guidance?

The article:

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2006 by Lisa Gade, Editor in Chief

Quote, "That said, with a very simple registry edit you can use WiFi without disabling the phone."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Julian_Suwandi
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/15/05
Loc: Twin Cities, MN
Re: VX6700 [Re: Sigmawoz]
      #22522 - 02/02/06 10:03 PM

Here's an interesting thread on www.pdaphonehome.com forum, where the poster has found a solution to enable bluetooth DUN to work on the xv6700, as well as the WiFi and cellular to be on at the same time.

Read below:

1. Go to the PHONE application
2. ##3328873
3. enter code 000000
4. Select BT DUN
5. Click Edit
6. Choose enable
7. Select WMODEM
8. Click Edit
9. Choose enable
10. Push Save / OK
11. Push Ok
12. follow the prompt to restart your device

discover services, and voila! you've got bluetooth DUN available.

I've also included a file which enables the following four other features:

1. USB support for internet connectivity (available on start menu with driver file)
2. Automatic Time Synchronization for phone clock
3. enable GPS phone manager
4. WIFI and cellular on at the same time

Files here.

--------------------
--
Visit my blog at xynos.blogspot.com

Edited by Julian_Suwandi (02/02/06 10:07 PM)

Sigmawoz

Re: VX6700 [Re: Julian_Suwandi]
      #22529 - 02/03/06 01:58 PM

Thanks - it worked but now my ActiveSync doesn't . . . sigh.

Sigmawoz

#22533 - 02/03/06 02:35 PM

Nevermind. A hard reset on each device fixes that, duh. Thanks for the help.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
      #22536 - 02/03/06 02:40 PM

To enable simultaneous WiFi and phone use on the XV6700:

First get a registry editor, for example PHM Regedit which is free, or download the 14 day trial version of Resco File Explorer (excellent app!) which comes with a registry editor.

Use the editor to do the following:
Go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE
-> SERVICES
-->WirelessMGR

Edit the WirelessMGR entry called mutexflag and change the value from 1 to 0.

That's the only edit!

Save your changes and exit.

Wait 15 minutes then soft reset the phone to reboot it.

You're all set!

Quote:

I just bought the VX6700 based Mobile Techs review. It is awsome, better than expected.

The article mentioned a "simple registry edit" to allow WiFi and the phone to work at the same time. I have no idea how to do that. Any guidance?

The article:

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2006 by Lisa Gade, Editor in Chief

Quote, "That said, with a very simple registry edit you can use WiFi without disabling the phone."

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Sigmawoz

Re: VX6700 [Re: LisaG]
      #22541 - 02/03/06 03:57 PM

Actually that first response files helped i can do wifi and phone now. The problem is now activesync. I thought the reset fixed it but it did not.

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

#22543 - 02/03/06 04:09 PM

I've not used the files or BT hacks mentioned, I stuck to straight registry edits and had no problems with ActiveSync, so I can't guess what might have gone wrong. Perhaps try removing the file(s) you installed to see if AS starts working again?

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Julian_Suwandi
PDA Addict

#22551 - 02/04/06 10:07 AM

that usually happened if you do not disable activesync while teethering on the first time. i've sent you a private message on this issue. let me know if you're still having some issues. my email is julians at techie dot com.

--------------------
--

dreadmonkey

Reged: 02/05/06
      #22563 - 02/05/06 12:11 PM

Quote:

Actually that first response files helped i can do wifi and phone now. The problem is now activesync. I thought the reset fixed it but it did not.

I also bought this phone on Lisag's most excellent review. So far I have been extremely happy with the phone. I haven't tried the regedit to enable the wifi and the phone option yet. I have managed to get the phone connecting to my wifi network, but when i tried to use internet explorer, it tells me that I am not connected and I need to turn my phone on. I am sure that it is a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to find it

I like the bluetooth connection to active sync. Has anyone used the phone a modem for a notebook yet? When I had my treo650, i used pdanet to handle the access.

Dreadmonkey

Julian_Suwandi
PDA Addict

Re: VX6700 [Re: dreadmonkey]
      #22564 - 02/05/06 10:24 PM

i've posted the instructions for the modem teethering in another part of the forum, email me at julians at techie dot com for the files, and the instructions.

--------------------
--

Cyclops

Reged: 02/15/06
      #22694 - 02/15/06 08:34 AM

i Loved the new features... seems like now there's only one thing i would like on my phone.... i would like to make so that the phone buttons and screen stay locked no matter what untill i press the on button. lets say i nreceive a call i would like for it to stay locked.
(lets say the phone is in my pocket and I get a call, i answer on my Blue tooth headdset, but it turns on the phone, and when i try to get it out of my pocket, it presses a key and looses calls, or when i hang up, sometimes it will dial again because the buttons unlocked...)
any suggestions?

raksland

Reged: 03/04/06
      #22913 - 03/04/06 11:29 PM

Julian_Suwandi,
regarding your post on the xv6700, i down loaded the file and did the unlock, it all worked. however when i went to install the files on the pda, i had an error message. "Ammertech Fixer cannot be installed" i tried to install it to "Device" and in says "Installation of MultIssue Fixer.CAB was unsuccessful". i also tried to install it to my 1Gig storage card and did not work the space needed was only 60kb and it says that i have 24850kb left. i am not sure what to do. i mainly did this install to try and get the xv6700 to be a modem for my laptop. i am on verizon and i pay for the 44.95 unlimited internet for it. any ideas would be appriciated. i would be more that happy to send $50 to your site if you can help.

Thanks
Ron

offsite

Reged: 03/05/06
      #22922 - 03/05/06 11:43 PM

I just purchased the vx6700 to replace my original Compaq Ipaq (first model released) and so far I love it. I am having a problem getting it to sync via activesync. I installed the 4.0 version that came with the phone and I've also tried downloading 4.1 from microsofts site. Activesync finds the 6700 and connects but it sits on synchronizing and never actually syncs.

I'm have XP Pro Service pack 2 on my pc. Any ideas why it hangs on synchronizing?

Thanks!

raksland

Reged: 03/04/06
Re: VX6700 [Re: raksland]
      #22924 - 03/06/06 01:30 AM

i finally got it to work. after i downloaded the software and installed i did not do a soft reboot. after this it installed correctly. i got the wmodem to work on blue tooth but not on usb. any ideas

Thanks
Ron
raksland@sbcglobal.net

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Re: VX6700 [Re: offsite]
      #22932 - 03/06/06 12:51 PM

Offsite,

AS doesn't get along with software firewalls very well. These include Norton and Symantec's products. Microsoft has a support page dedicated to ActiveSync 4 problems, esp. firewall issues. If you haven't checked that out, it might help.

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Special_K

Reged: 03/07/06
Re: VX6700 [Re: Cyclops]
      #22951 - 03/07/06 01:38 PM

Quote:

i Loved the new features... seems like now there's only one thing i would like on my phone.... i would like to make so that the phone buttons and screen stay locked no matter what untill i press the on button. lets say i nreceive a call i would like for it to stay locked.
(lets say the phone is in my pocket and I get a call, i answer on my Blue tooth headdset, but it turns on the phone, and when i try to get it out of my pocket, it presses a key and looses calls, or when i hang up, sometimes it will dial again because the buttons unlocked...)
any suggestions?

This is exactly what I am looking for. It has happened to me a few times, where I will answer a call with my headset and then after the call the number will be re-dialed because the phone is in my pocket and the button gets hit. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

On the original topic - I would love to have these extra features add, but I am worried about damaging my phone - if something goes wrong can the phone be brought back to normal state or is there a chance of un-repairable damage?

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Re: VX6700 [Re: Special_K]
      #22952 - 03/07/06 02:03 PM

There's a free program called MortSaver that's supposed to disable all buttons and the display until you press the button assigned to MortSaver. It won't damage the phone-- just remove the program to return the phone to it's factory state should you wish to no longer use MortSaver. You can check it out here, and be sure to download the phone edition version: http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edito/content.php?id=36 .

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Special_K

#22962 - 03/08/06 08:16 AM

Thanks...I'll give this a try.

Special_K

#22969 - 03/08/06 03:55 PM

Quote:

There's a free program called MortSaver that's supposed to disable all buttons and the display until you press the button assigned to MortSaver. It won't damage the phone-- just remove the program to return the phone to it's factory state should you wish to no longer use MortSaver. You can check it out here, and be sure to download the phone edition version: http://www.sto-helit.de/modules/edito/content.php?id=36 .

ok, well i tried it and had a few small problems so I decided to uninstall it - but when I used activSync to do the uninstall it didn't work - still showed it under programs. So on the phone I went in to "Remove programs" and tried to uninstall it from there, but I received an error message saying the application wasn't totally removed. I had the same problem with an app called "Tonaya Weather to GO". Any thoughts on how I can get this totally removed??

LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Re: VX6700 [Re: Special_K]
      #22971 - 03/08/06 04:10 PM

To remove PPC apps, you have to exit the program you wish to remove first: follow the progam's uninstall instructions if available, or use the running tasks under the memory applet to kill it if necessary and set the program to not run at boot first. Wait about 15 minutes, then reboot the PPC. Why? Because Windows Mobile sometimes keeps running programs' DLLs in memory for up to 15 minutes after you've exited the program. If they DLLs are in use, uninstall won't be compete because the device believes the files are still in use.

That said, once you've done a partial uninstall, the only way to do a complete un-install is to first re-install the app, then uninstall it properly. If MortSaver has uninstall instructions in a read me file, follow those. Or you could delete the files manually, if you know what they are and where they are (the PPC remove programs applet usually tells you what files were left behind).

--------------------
Lisa Gade

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 53780

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage