MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Palm Inc.

Pages: 1
Jordy7387

Reged: 10/22/07
Aldon's Crossing Registration
      #28824 - 10/23/07 09:06 AM

A few years ago, my high school received a technology grant and from that, I was given a palm pilot for one of my classes. One of the games I downloaded and eventually bought a registration for was aldon's crossing (because the game is freakin awesome).

Now I have my own palm pilot and I have gotten re-addicted to Aldon's Crossing...but the website where you buy the registration isn't working.

If anybody knows how/where I can get a registration key for Aldon's Crossing, that would be great!

Thanks!
Kevin

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
graft

Reged: 11/04/07
Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: Jordy7387]
      #28921 - 11/04/07 06:27 PM

Wish I had the answer to that question, mate. This is about all I can tell you:

I remember that they used to have a different looking website. On this older one, the registration worked properly. About a year ago they totally reworked their website. Now the strange thing is that, ever since they put up the new web site the registration for the game has not worked. What sucks is that there is not one email address given on the site to contact anyone about the problem.

A possible reason for this is that they decided to finally abandon the game forever, but then my question is why in the world did they completely remake their website if they were just going to dump the game? Confounding isn't it.

Shadowbard

Reged: 11/13/07
Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: graft]
      #28984 - 11/13/07 12:46 PM

I tried to find a way to register Aldon's Crossing for about a month last spring. I hope someone sees this and provides the information. It's a great game!

Han

Reged: 01/27/08
Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: Shadowbard]
      #29507 - 01/28/08 01:14 AM

Yeah, it's weird. If they don't care about making money anymore, at least make it free, right? On the off chance it suddenly becomes wildly popular (not a small chance in my opinion, given the quality of their game), they earn great bragging rights, and otherwise, well, they sure aren't making very much money now. Besides, someone is paying to keep those two websites up, so they should know that their website is up, and they should know that sales of Aldon's Crossing have dropped abruptly for no apparent reason, so why aren't they doing anything about? Had a disagreement with "Peter Chung, Webmaster and Artist" or something?

The official sites (that I know of, www.aldonscrossing.com and www.constantgames.com) give no contact info, but a quick search for "constant games inc" on Google gave me this: http://www.versiontracker.com/developer/9639/Constant+Games+Inc . I have so far only bothered to try the email address, which doesn't work (I get an automated error reply email from my mail provider, GMail, which I typically get when I accidentally send an email to a nonexistent email address). I will try the phone number in the near future. Anyone located any other contact info?

Shadowbard

Reged: 11/13/07
Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: Han]
      #29865 - 03/25/08 02:30 PM

I checked the domain registry, and they registered the domain names for 5 years, so they aren't necessarily paying any attention to the site. I was able to contact Dave Price, who is not actively involved with the game anymore but is trying to get registration info for me. When I get the info I will post it.

Pianospirit

Reged: 10/05/08
Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: Jordy7387]
      #31572 - 10/06/08 10:44 AM

Hello fellow fans of Aldon's Crossing. I have great news. I have found a registration code so we can go back to playing this awesome game again. I was lucky enough through to stumble upon a website created by a guy named Randy. His website is as follows:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/p/d/pdadad/

Also, he gave me his old registration code and username, so if you anyone is interested in having this info, please simply login to this forum and send me a private message request. Randy gave me permission to do this but does not want his info posted for the world to see. He also made a generous offer about building your own module and offered advice to anyone interested.

rushnslow

Reged: 12/04/08
Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: Pianospirit]
      #32029 - 12/04/08 06:40 AM

Sir can I have a copy of the registration code for aldons crossing? been trying to register it from thier site but it seems their site is down. Hope You can help me out

thank you

alopex

Reged: 12/04/09
      #35324 - 12/04/09 10:34 PM

So, you posted a long time ago that you had permission to give out a registration code for Aldon's Crossing. I'm very interested in having the code. Could you still give it to me after all this time?

lartar024

Reged: 12/15/09
Loc: usa
      #35405 - 12/15/09 06:00 AM

I need the registration code for aldons crossing please

Pianospirit

Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: lartar024]
      #35409 - 12/15/09 11:00 AM

I just sent you a private message as I cannot make that information public. Anyone who needs the code should contact me personally. Thanks!

Eluchel1

Reged: 09/04/10
      #38429 - 09/04/10 06:36 PM

i dont know if you are still on here or still have the aldon's crossing registration key,
but if you do it would be cool if i could get it!

Thanks
Eluchel

Pianospirit

Re: Aldon's Crossing Registration [Re: Eluchel1]
      #38458 - 09/08/10 02:11 PM

Just sent you a private message with the code. You are the 25th person to ask me this question since I first posted. I am glad so many people are now able to be a part of this great game, for it has stood up to the test of time despite the disappearance of the developers. Best of luck to you and have fun!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 24479

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage