MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Sopchoppy

Reged: 01/29/13
Loc: Tennessee
Newbie with questions
      #44154 - 01/29/13 11:45 AM

I'm a +60 year old non-techie who wants a tablet. Here's my features wish list:
* Full size SD slot, I have several game cameras that use SD cards and want to load directly to the tablet. * Internal GPS, not dependent on WiFi. * Skype capable * I'm an Amazon Prime member and have access to their "free" books and movies, want access to watch streaming video and download books. * No gaming needed.
Is there any one tablet that has all this? From what I've read, the Sony Xperia has most if not all of what I want. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Mobile Tech Review is by far the most complete review site I've found. Kudos to Y'all.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Newbie with questions [Re: Sopchoppy]
      #44156 - 01/29/13 09:14 PM

Skype is a given on pretty much every recent tablet (Android, iPad, Windows and Kindle).

A full size SD card slot is pretty rare since most have microSD card slots. The Toshiba Excite 10 and Sony Xperia Tablet S have a full size card slot. With the iPad you can buy Apple's SD card adapter.

I believe Amazon's limits free ebook lending for Prime members to Kindle branded devices. Prime streaming video works great on Kindle tablets and the iPad, but you'll need Adobe Flash on Android tablets and Adobe has removed it from the Google Play Store, so you'd have to side-load Flash after downloading it from Adobe instead (not wildly difficult, but it is another set of steps).

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1927

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage