MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
aburnce

Reged: 05/11/04
Best PDA for batt life, MSWord/Excel/Ppt, PIM w/ MS Outlook sync, budget?
      #10789 - 05/11/04 03:06 PM

I am in the market for a new PDA. My requirements are strong battery life, ability to use MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint docs, ability to sync the PIM apps with Outlook Calendar and Tasks, and all that on a very tight budget of $300 or less.

The Tungsten E seemed a good opton, but reviews I've read say that the battery is mediocre at best, and is built in, so that when it goes, the Palm goes with it. So something similar but with a better battery would seem ideal. Thanks to anyone who can reply!

Alan

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Best PDA for batt life, MSWord/Excel/Ppt, PIM w/ MS Outlook sync, budget? [Re: aburnce]
      #10797 - 05/11/04 08:21 PM

Pretty much all PDAs run for 2-4 hours of full use on a charge. There isn't a PDA that has a battery that's significantly better than the rest, that is unless you want to go with one of the models that has extended battery option. The Tungsten E should give you 3.5 hours of actual usage. If you need more, consider PDAs with user replaceable batteries or ones you can get extended batteries for. These include Tungsten T3, Sony Clie UX40/50, several Pocket PCs.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1893

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage