MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Palm OS PDAs >> Sony Clie

Pages: 1
webmanoffesto

Reged: 05/17/04
Clie TJ27 Short Battery Life
      #10996 - 05/17/04 12:22 AM

I have a Clie TJ27 and the battery life seems very short. I already downloaded and installed a fix from the Clie site, the no memory card fix. I don't have any memory card in the little slot. I use the Hold button sometimes to make sure the camera doesn't turn on accidentally while the Clie is in its belt pouch. Still battery life is short. After an eight hour day yesterday with occasional note taking, game playing and a couple of snapshots the battery only had 30% life left. My Palm Vx was good for almost a week without a recharge. This worries me a lot.

1. How can I fix this problem?
2. Is there software I can use to track battery performance and maybe diagnose the problem?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaG
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Clie TJ27 Short Battery Life [Re: webmanoffesto]
      #11015 - 05/17/04 01:54 PM

It's hard to beat the old Palm Vx because that device, like others of its era, had only a grayscale display and a much slower processor which consume much less power than transflective color displays and fast processors. Unfortunately, battery technology hasn't advanced nearly as much as these other technologies. This is why we now measure and describe battery life in terms of hours rather than weeks.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2697

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage