MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Windows Mobile, Pocket PCs >> Pocket PC Software

Pages: 1
TomS

Reged: 05/05/04
Skype for PPC
      #11001 - 05/17/04 03:08 PM

Was wondering if anyone has tried Skype for PPC. Skype is a p2p program that allows you to make free voice calls from your desktop (if you have speakers and a microphone) or I have read that you can make voice calls using your WiFi enabled PPC from any hotspot.

I tried to download the "Skype for PPC Beta" and there seems to be a file that isn't compatible with my PPC. I was wondering if anyone has had any luck. Is it just a glich in the beta version they are working out or has anyone successfully used the PPC version?

Thanks.

-TomS

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Skype for PPC [Re: TomS]
      #11009 - 05/17/04 06:16 PM

As long as the person who receives your call uses Skype as well. Which Pocket PC did you try it on?

TomS

Reged: 05/05/04
Re: Skype for PPC [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #11023 - 05/17/04 10:19 PM

I tried it on the iPAQ 4150.

I did realize my mistake. At the time, I was in a hotel room and I was trying to download and install the software through my WIFi connection. This, of course, did not work.

The Pocket Skype program must first be saved to the computer with which you sync to your PDA. After opening and installing the files on your desktop computer, the PDA application manager will pop up and sync the files to your PDA. Then... Voil?! You are ready to add contacts and talk 'till your heart is content.

Thanks.

-TomS

PiNoY

Reged: 03/05/04
Loc: Philippines
Re: Skype for PPC [Re: TomS]
      #14898 - 08/29/04 03:36 PM

I have tried the pocket skpe on my ipaq 4155 and it worked brilliantly! I am still using it right now and there are no glitch that I have discovered...

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Greg, Jacob_Spindel, LisaG, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 7428

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage