MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
tofu_boy

Reged: 05/19/04
Help appreciated...Zodiac 2 > Sony TH 55 > IPAQ 4155
      #11119 - 05/20/04 05:16 AM

Hey all...I'm currently in need of an upgrade from my Sony Clie N760. I've narrowed the search to the Zodiac2 > Sony TH55 > HP IPAQ 4155 (thinking of waiting now for the new generation of Ipaq's coming in July with the VGA screen...and also Palm Cobalt OS6 machines coming later this year).

I considered the Dell Axim X30 but didn't really like the look, the wifi/bluetooth fuctionality would start to bug me as well since I'd like to use both and not at the same time. Tungsten T3 was something I'd consider if it had a wifi option...but with only bluetooth and a poor battery life, I decided against it.

In anycase...I've sort of been on again, off again researching PDA's the past month or so and would like some feedback from serious power users. Any input would be great.

Thanks again,

Tofu

I'm comfortable using both platforms

Edited by tofu_boy (05/20/04 05:17 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Help appreciated...Zodiac 2 > Sony TH 55 > IPAQ 4155 [Re: tofu_boy]
      #11122 - 05/20/04 06:43 AM

There are always faster or newer models coming in this industry ;-) That's something you have to decide for yourself whether to wait or get one now.

If you are a series gamer, Zodiac 2 makes a lot of sense. With BT, you have some option for wireless. But no Wifi.

The TH55 has a lovely screen, good camera. Only has Wifi if you are in the US. Not good for gaming because the menu button locations.

iPAQ 4155 is hard to beat when it comes to wireless with both Wifi and BT. And it's great for gaming as well. If you don't like the X30 form factor, the h4155 is a great one to go with. Though native landscape on the X30 is sweet when it comes to web browsing The only thing the X30 doesn't have is the VGA screen like the Toshiba e805.

tofu_boy

Re: Help appreciated...Zodiac 2 > Sony TH 55 > IPAQ 4155 [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #11124 - 05/20/04 07:58 AM

does the Toshiba e805 ship with Windows Mobile SE? I like the Toshiba a lot and love the fact that it comes with a CF slot. My only concern is that most apps on the Toshiba doesn't support VGA. (I'm aware that there are hacks available that fixes this problem)

How do you rate the e805?

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Help appreciated...Zodiac 2 > Sony TH 55 > IPAQ 4155 [Re: tofu_boy]
      #11136 - 05/20/04 05:25 PM

Toshiba e805 doesn't ship with the SE version yet. I believe Toshiba is switching the e805s to run the SE, maybe that's why you will have a hard time to find one new right now. If you do buy one now, Toshiba has announced that they would provide upgrade to SE.

tofu_boy

Re: Help appreciated...Zodiac 2 > Sony TH 55 > IPAQ 4155 [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #11144 - 05/21/04 01:54 AM

if you were in need of a PDA with a $600 limit...which would you buy? (OS not a factor) and Why? (I realize everybody's needs are different, but I'd still like to see how you rate the PDAs) Thanks.

The Toshiba is nice...but not having bluetooth might be the deal breaker for me. Although I could end up buying a SD bluetooth card.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 3768

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage