MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
lokiboy

Reged: 05/20/04
HP 4150 vs. Dell X30 624MHz
      #11127 - 05/20/04 03:18 PM

Hi folks,

I just purchased an HP 4150. My previous pda was a Dell X5. The Dell was getting pretty tired and I wanted a smaller, faster machine.

My main reason for choosing the 4150 was that it had everything I wanted (wifi, BT) in a very small package. I can now carry it in my pants pocket & have it with me all the time.

However, I just read the review of the Dell X30, and it sounds like a great unit. My main concern is the size. Since Dell only sells via internet, I can't try one out.

So - could anyone who has an X3/X30 give me feedback on its size? Is it small enough to fit in a front pants pocket? Those of you who have also had a chance to compare it to a 4150, how does it stack up? (size, quality, durability, etc)

I have 2 days left to return my 4150 to CompUSA, so any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: HP 4150 vs. Dell X30 624MHz [Re: lokiboy]
      #11169 - 05/21/04 10:53 PM

The iPAQ 1900 models and 4150 are the smallest Pocket PCs, and very stylish too. The Dell is larger, but it relatively small for a Pocket PC. Now it depends on the size of your pockets, but the X30 should fit, but you'll likely notice it more than the 4150 when it's there.

They both are reasonably durable units. The only real problem with the Dells is after a year of heavy use (mostly if you're a gamer) the chrome plating on the buttons may start to wear off.

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 5 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2684

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage