MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Draiko

Reged: 05/25/04
the ultimate setup...
      #11414 - 05/27/04 05:26 PM

Alright, I'm looking to cyborg myself up here but I'm finding a total lack of info on bluetooth devices. I have an Ipaq 2215 and a samsung uproar, it's time to upgrade my phone so I'm looking for an inexpensive bluetooth phone from sprint (which doesn't exist as of yet). I love the Uproar's headset and I use the hell out of sprint's voice dial so I want a replacement and I'm looking at a motorola HS810 (because it just looks so cool and the reviews I've read were quite good). Now, I have no idea if the hs810 will work with my Ipaq 2215 since people have had little success in getting the Jabra BT200 to work with the Ipaq 2215. I thought I'd ask if any of you have had any dealings with bluetooth and a combo of phone, pda, and headset. I eventually want to have both a cell, my ipaq, and my headset all interlinked in a bluetooth personal network of sorts and also add in a belkin USB bluetooth adapter for wireless short-range activesync. It seems like a hassle but with communication tech shifting gears next year (nationwide wifi) I don't want to drop a load of cash on some convergence device with lackluster performance specs and a pricetag that just isn't justified.

questions? comments? ideas?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: the ultimate setup... [Re: Draiko]
      #11430 - 05/28/04 12:19 AM

The iPAQ 5555 and Dell Axim X30 are the only Pocket PCs support audio profile that works with BT headsets. The HS810 works with h5555 very well as we indicated in our review:
http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/tips/motorola_bluetooth_headset.htm

Draiko

Reged: 05/25/04
Re: the ultimate setup... [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #11454 - 05/28/04 03:41 PM

I've edited the registry for the ipaq 2215 and enabled the bluetooth headset profile but I have no idea if it's functional. Motorola said that their HS810 will work with the ipaq and I'm still waiting for a reply from HP. You never know if customer service reps know what the heck they are talking about when it comes to these questions.

the reg hack to enable the bluetooth headset profile on the 2215 is under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Services\0005\Enabled Change the value from 0 to 1

now if this just may be a hollow profile and the ipaq 2215's hardware may not actually support it, but I'd really like to find out before I start bluetoothing myself out.

I know that people are having problems with the jabra headset which doesn't bode well

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: the ultimate setup... [Re: Draiko]
      #11627 - 06/01/04 04:03 PM

Tried that. There are people reporting that this works, I however haven't had the luck

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2914

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage