MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
Biddlesby

Reged: 06/05/04
Guess what - don't know what to buy
      #11803 - 06/05/04 02:32 PM

How terrible is the tungsten e? Can it play mp3 and wma?

Around the ?150 mark, under ?200.

I'm looking at PEG-TJ37 or the Zire 72. What advantages does the tungsten T3 (yes i know it's expensive) have over these. I'd quite like a camera. Can you get minesweeper on palms and pocket pcs?

Now, I've previously only really been looking at Palm os devices. But can you use messenger on these? And how good is the pocket pc?

And how good is the zire 71. I don't really need anything really powerful, so it'll probably be the zire 71, tungsten e or a clie PEG-TJ27/35. That is, unless i hear great things about the pocket pc.

[edit] I've been looking at the clie devices and they look very good. Care to comment?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Biddlesby

Re: Guess what - don't know what to buy [Re: Biddlesby]
      #11804 - 06/05/04 05:10 PM

I would quite like to access the internet through a phone, is bluetooth the only way of doing this.

[edit] I think i'll go for either the Tungsten E (is this good?) or the PEG-TJ37. However:

Tungsten E: Has bluetooth but no camera
PEG-TJ37: Has camera but no bluetooth, and looks like it has a strange OS (looks different even though they both claim to be Palm OS 5.2.1).

So it's between the bluetooth or the camera. I could either get the tungsten e and a bluetooth phone with a camera, or can you get a bluetooth attachment to plug into the sony? And what's up with the clie os?

Edited by Biddlesby (06/06/04 08:17 AM)

Tanker_Bob
PDA Addict

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: N. Virginia
Re: Guess what - don't know what to buy [Re: Biddlesby]
      #11856 - 06/07/04 08:14 PM

It ultimately depends on your own tastes. Sony enhances the Palm OS with proprietary APIs and add-ons. The enhancements vary somewhat from model to model, and I can't advise you specifically on the newer ones. Over the years, apps have required special modifications to use the extra Sony features. I owned two Sony PDAs and enjoyed them both, but both required special modifications to common apps to take advantage of their extras. Sony includes more comprehensive utility software with their devices, including a file manager, file transfer program that works through the cable/cradle, backup program, can use pictures in their address book, and others depending on the model.

I'm sure that you have heard that Sony is leaving the US and European markets. They will sell their remaining devices, and have pledged to continue to support them. However, the line is now dead. That may or may not influence your decision.

I recommend hitting local PDA vendors like Circuit City to try out each device that interests you. You may find the choice easier in person than in abstract.

--------------------
Regards,
Tanker Bob
Tanker Bob's Handheld Computing Page
Reviewer at MobileTechReview

Biddlesby

Re: Guess what - don't know what to buy [Re: Tanker_Bob]
      #11909 - 06/09/04 02:22 PM

Thanks. I went to John Lewis and tried out some palms. They're nice.

I'm thinking of the zire 72, 71, or tungsten E.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2960

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage