MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
cjp

Reged: 06/19/04
have stopped using my Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 600 because of hardware and software problems
      #12289 - 06/19/04 05:57 AM

I've had a Fujitsu-Siemens Loox 600 Pocket PC2002 PDA for about a year. Over this time I've had many problems with software and hardware. The only way I can get the PDA to connect to my PC is by soft-resetting the Loox before docking. Also, the battery has started going flat very quickly which loses all data and programs in the PDA. There doesn't appear to be any backup battery to protect valuable data. To add to this problem the automatic recovery from my PC doesn't work properly. I have to manually install all software again and recover data files from backup directories. Because of the synchronization problems the data files are usually out of date. I don't know if it's the Loox device, Pocket PC2002, or Microsoft Active Sync that are causing the problems - and frankly I shouldn't need to know. I've got to the point now where I can't be bothered to spend any more time following on-line support or making helpdesk calls (at 60p/minute). I thought PDAs were supposed to save time. This is definitely not my experience with the Fujitsu-Siemens Loox. So the Loox is going into the junk drawer along with my regrets that I didn't spend the ?350 on something better - like a holiday.

Edited by cjp (06/19/04 06:31 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 1100

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage