MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
snakebyte

Reged: 06/25/04
Tired of lugging so many devices
      #12630 - 06/27/04 08:05 PM

I currently carry a pager, a cell phone, a Palm , and a laptop at all times. Needless to say, my shoulder get's sore, and my pants keep falling down cause of the extra 5 pouds on my belt. I want to integrate a lot of this stuff. I dont intend to get rid of my laptop, but would like some of it's functionality when I'm sitting in a restraunt or meeting.
Ok, here's the question. I've anxiously been waiting for the H6300 to come out, It seems to fit the bill perfectly. I'm wondering if there are any better options out there now (I hate waiting). While price is not top concern, it is a concern, but the $600 price tag is totally acceptable. Is this model gonna be fast enough (I've heard that the TI OMAP 1510 is not as fast as some of the more current models, but is much more energy efficient). Is there anything out there that better suits my needs. I like the Palm OS, but I have an all Microsft IT shop, so integration with the Windows Mobile 2003 OS will be much easier. Also, I'm looking for easy VPN, and terminal services control. I'm open to suggestions, so what ya got????

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
LisaGModerator
Head Honcho

Reged: 07/11/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Tired of lugging so many devices [Re: snakebyte]
      #12639 - 06/28/04 12:55 AM

Good question about the iPAQ 6300 Pocket PC phone's speed. I'm wondering the same thing, but won't know until we receive ours and I can test and benchmark it. Another GMS network Pocket PC phone that's perfect for power users in the XDA II. I'm using one these days and love it. Of course, it will set you back at least $850

Here's the XDA II review: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/XDA_II.htm

--------------------
Lisa Gade
Editor in Chief, MobileTechReview

snakebyte

Reged: 06/25/04
Re: Tired of lugging so many devices [Re: LisaG]
      #12651 - 06/28/04 07:37 AM

That looks like a really good model, but the bluetooth limitation they mentioned, and the fact it does not have wireless really tend to make me want to wait. I've gt a wireles hub on the network rack behind my desk, and my House is totally wireless, so 802.11 is very important (and invalidates the need for Bluetooth file transfer). I want to keep a slot open for GPS, and possibly more memory. I just want HP to hurry up and come out with H6300 so I can see it in action.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2255

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage