MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
PoeticAshes

Reged: 06/28/04
DIRE HELP NEEDED UX-50 or HP 5550/5555 or Other PLEASE HELP G-MAIL REWARD!!
      #12659 - 06/28/04 12:33 PM

Well here's the deal..i had a Dell Axim X30..a piece of junk personally..i did not like it..very flimsy body case, Wi-Fi-horrid, Bluetooth so-so etc..i need a Bluetooth PDA for the V710 because i plan to use it for on the go internet...i made an extra 200.00 for spending money doing a moving Job 20.00 an hour..sweet..but i need a PDA with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi to go to Japan with..but i can't decide between..The UX-50 and The IPAQ 5550/5555..i know a lot about PDA's but im never sure which to choose..so this is why i need your help..please provide it in helping me make the decisions i need.

okay, i just bought my Sony UX-50 yesterday, got a great deal on it at Comp USA $100.00 off and 128 Memory stick..but..i still have the option of getting the 5550..im going to Japan this summer and i need a PDA with bluetooth and Wi-fi..the big problem i have with the Clie is that there is no signal indicator for the Wi-Fi..you can't get to many e-mail sites..and lack of programs...but i love the ability to turn it into a tablet PC..and record video..not sure if it supports CDMA w/ Bluetooth

Hp 5550 i haven't tried this model out..i dont see the point of the Fingerprint scanner, but i like that it has bluetooth and Wi-Fi and the programs i need already installed in there (word, soliatre etc.)I've heard problems with the fingerprint scanner..but i also like the integrated WI-FI Finder..unlike the UX-50..and im not sure if that Supports CDMA Bluetooth eithier.

In your opinion..which one is the best buy and why?

Thanks..and if possible a response ASAP..i have them on hold until tomorrow! If you have another idea for a good PDA..by all means go ahead!

If you help my purchase GREATLY then you will be rewarded with a G-mail account 1st, 2nd, 3rd best..ends when i buy the PDA.

Things i need in a PDA
-Wi-fi
-Bluetooth
-Hotmail/G-mail Compatible Browser
-Comfertable Typing
-Word Docs.
-Gaming (not PC games, just SNES/NES/GBA etc. Solitare)
-MP3 player
-Loads of Memory
*GPS

Things i dont need:
- A sluggish processor
- hard to use interface
- horrible Wi-Fi Reception
- Fingerprint reader ( i don't see the point)
- a Phone (im getting a V710)

*= Don't mind having but it wouldn't be an extra neccesity..would like it built in

I have 700.00 spending limit, at one point of the day i considered teh Zodiac Tapwave..but i see that as a Nintendo DS/PSP clone..and god knows i have enough of that and don't need it..if you can think of another good PDA (not the 4155 i dont like the keyboard) then by all means go ahead

Thanx

Poetic

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2065

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage