MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

Wireless and Mobile Phones >> Windows Phone

Pages: 1
taylorp77

Reged: 06/29/04
giving up on my i700
      #12756 - 06/29/04 10:37 PM

I replaced my old samsung cell phone with the i700 a couple of months ago. I was hoping to use all of the PDA features as well as have a decent phone to carry with me as well. Today I put my number back on the old phone and have put the i700 up for sale. Why?

the i700 is a terrible phone. I miss almost all incoming calls as I try to press the answer button on the screen to try to press the button on the phone while it continues to ring. I usually then call the person back only to find the line busy.

If I am in my car on a sunny day I can't see the screen at all.

By the time I get the camera app running and the camera ready to shoot I have forgotten what I was going to take a picture of. The quality of the resulting picture is not worth the effort any way.

The phone is constantly dialing 'last number dialed' or some randon number on it's own if the phone is in my pocket.

This phone works well if you are sitting inside, at a desk, with headphones and the 'pen' in your hand. Well if this is what you are doing a notebook with a wireless card and a normal cell phone works much better.

I have a better solution:
I am buying the new A650 phone - just a basic small phone that fits in your pocket and works well. In addition I will buy a small high quality digital camera to carry with me at all times, perhaps the new sony that is the size of a fat credit card. I'll buy an IPOD as my MP3 player and a 12" notebook for all the computer apps. Now that is a much better solution.

..feeling much less stressed now that I have my old cellphone back, now will some sucker buy my i700???

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
BlckBrryMD

Reged: 06/20/04
Loc: New York
Re: giving up on my i700 [Re: taylorp77]
      #12771 - 06/30/04 11:45 AM

Sorry to hear about the challenges your I700 has given you. There could be a few reasons and fixes. First there could be something wrong with your phones radio. Next it could be your location, how many signal bars do you have? I have been using the I700 since its launch in May 2003 and my problems have been more about resets and such. The phone has worked solid for me, I do agreed on the screen issue in direct sunlight, but I have the HFK so the anlge usually works for me.

I would suggest before you dump it to try out some of SuperDaves apps that I mentioned earlier. The Phone lock app also has a call answer, ignor, wait BIG BUTTONS which helps.

But if you are having issues with it answering take it back to Verizon and get a new one. I use this as my daily driver and my experiences have been very good in general.

Also when (we finally) get WMPE2003 some of the battery and signal issues will be further enhanced on as others who have been upgraded by sercret Verizon police have found so far.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  LisaG, Jacob_Spindel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4307

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage