MobileTechReview.com logo
MobileTechReview News, Reviews and Forums
Phone Notebooks & Tablets Gaming Gadgets iPhone & iPad Video Reviews

General Discussions >> What Should I Buy?

Pages: 1
NotTechSavvy

Reged: 07/02/04
Please help me find a good PDA...
      #12854 - 07/02/04 08:48 AM

I have finally come to accept that I need a PDA to manage my business schedule and contacts -- my Day Planner just doesn't cut it anymore!

I am trying to find a PDA that will (1) synch with Microsoft Outlook and, (2) if possible, can connect with my cell phone, to allow me to access the Internet and check my emails. Any suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated.

I understand that some of the new (and expensive?) PDAs have cellphone and wireless Internet technology built-in that would replace my cell phone. However, I take it that these PDAs/cellphones/wireless Internet devices are much more expensive than PDAs without these extra functions. If I could save a significant amount of money by finding a less expensive PDA that can connect with my cellphone, that would probably be more economical for me. Nonetheless, if you think it really is worth it to get one of the new, expensive PDAs with a built-in cellphone and ability to connect to the Internet and check email, then by all means, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

--Doug

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Please help me find a good PDA... [Re: NotTechSavvy]
      #12862 - 07/02/04 12:03 PM

Most all PDAs have software that enable syncing with Outlook.

There are a few ways to access the Internet and email. If you want to use your cell phone, you can either get a cable that will connect your phone with the PDA or use Bluetooth wireless technology to connect the two without any wires. If you want to go the cable route, check out www.thesupplynet.com for cable availabilities for your phone-PDA. If you want to go with the Bluetooth, you will need a BT enabled phone and PDA. If you want a convergent device (putting two devices into one), then you can look at the Smartphone category. Not all of them are expensive, especially if you can find a carrier that will discount the device to sell their plans. Here is our smartphone page: http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/smartphone.htm

I don't know if you have read much about devices, but start with these pages and see which ones fit your needs better:

http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/ppc.htm
http://www.pdabuyersguide.com/pilot.htm

NotTechSavvy

Reged: 07/02/04
Re: Please help me find a good PDA... [Re: Tong Zhang]
      #12926 - 07/04/04 11:35 AM

Thanks!

I'll start with the reading/researching, and I will probably return soon with more questions.

Tong ZhangModerator
Senior Editor

Reged: 06/26/02
Loc: Texas
Re: Please help me find a good PDA... [Re: NotTechSavvy]
      #12927 - 07/04/04 12:07 PM

Sure thing. It's easier to answer specific questions than generic ones;-)

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Board Mom, LisaG, Jacob_Spindel, Greg, Tong Zhang 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2524

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact the Folks at MobileTechReview.com | Privacy statement Go to mobiletechreview.com homepage